Support in other languages: 
SCSI Port
X-jo

Re: s10-3 won't boot

[ Edited ]

Update 1: Got a call from Lenovo Service Center and the guy told me that he will send his guy over to my house to check the machine and will come in 20 min from now.

I also got a call from IBM B'lore asking the details and i had told the above and he told that he would call in a day to know if i gave the machine or not.

Update 2: They came just now and checked and took the machine and said that they will fix it and bring it in 2-3 days.

humph- i just hope its the last time i have to trouble them and i can give this as a gift to ma bro!!

will keep on updating guys, thanks!!

Retired Employee
JameZ

Appreciate the update X-jo, do keep us posted when the laptop is back

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

SCSI Port
X-jo

After they took the machine

Day 1: No one calls , not even the IBM fella who said he would. The service center guys said 2-3 days it will be fixed. Lets see

SCSI Port
X-jo

Day2: Lenovo guy calls me and says my machine is fixed. I asked what the problem was and he said that the planar was replaced. I told him that it was replaced 2 weeks back also. he said he can't guarantee about that as my machine worked for 10 days , duh!!. He said he will come n give the machine today.

So what do i do now? its just beign treated the same way- if u have a prob, we fix it for you. Thats not why i bought the machine. Now i go home in 5 days, and if it gets bad, i am expected to give this to them so they can fix it?

Disappointed with how this is handled. If this machine or model is a defective one, atleast refund the machine so i can buy one which is not defective or which stays longer.. atleast for a year

Retired Employee
JameZ

@X-jo,

Refund or exchange is decided by the LenCare team. Maybe you could use the one sent back to you for now then if problem persist again in another few days, let me know then I will contact LenCare to provide another alternative.

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

SCSI Port
X-jo

Yeah, i will be doing that.  Lets see how it goes. Thanks for the help. Will update once i get my machine.

SCSI Port
X-jo

Got the machine 2 days back. When the guy who brought it came n booted into Win 7, horizontal lines appeared. I told him that i had seen this in the beginning when the netbook went kaput... So told him abt it and he said it comes in bootup...

Another guy from Lenovo called and told that they are monitoring this case and told me to send a video showing the lines to him.

VIDEO- http://tinypic.com/r/og9v2x/7
IMAGE- http://i52.tinypic.com/34y4fhg.jpg
SCSI Port
X-jo

the guy from the service center called and told that those lines would go once BIOS and VGA drivers would be updated. He came home and got it done and there are no lines now. I am going to my home today with the netbook and I hope that this time it doesnt give me any problems.

And thanks to the mods who took up this issue , hope this doesnt happen again!!

SCSI Port
X-jo

back from my native.. the netbook worked just fine... and its with me for sometime as i want to test it.. so far so good..  will update if there is any news..

also from service center they called to ask if my machine was in warranty or not. :-/