Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
802.11n
exscentric
Accepted Solution

s10-3t problem, well I'm the problem :-)

Have win 7 home premium, working fine.

I installed android and in the process it asked if I wanted to install grub.  I assumed grub would pick up that windows present and that it would then give me the choice of windows and android at boot up.  Wrong.

Grub opens and gives only android and that is all I can get into.  I cannot get into windows.

I can get into one touch restore but do not want to do that if I can avoid it.

I can get into setup and activate quick start and quick start will work, but when I exit it goes to grub/android.

Anyone know how I can get windows listed in grub or how to deactivate grub.

I installed on the d: partition.

Thanks for any ideas.

802.11n
exscentric

Re: s10-3t problem, well I'm the problem :-)

Got it fixed after lots of tries.

Punch Card
rdamontz

how did you fix it?  i run into the same problem using Ubuntu and had to reformat my harddrive.

802.11n
exscentric

You should be able to do this from android but I could not find the file in file explorer.  I pulled my netbook drive out and hooked it to my desk top and edited the file.

I pasted it at the top of the file and it did not work - gave an error, so pasted it at the bottom of the file and it works.  The only drawback is that android is at the top and when the menu comes up if you don't choose windows it will default to android.

Multi-boot

To boot other operating systems, you have to add items for them to /grub/menu.lst. For example, to boot Windows, add the following:

title Windows
rootnoverify (hd0,0)
chainloader +1

This assumes the Windows is installed to the first partition of the first hard disk. Or you need to change rootnoverify to the appropriate value. See Grub manual for details.

802.11n
exscentric

Might mention I was going to do some work on android and I'm having wireless problems.  It connected once but the computer is shutting the wireless off and I can't get it to come back on.  It comes on now and then but ?? on what did it.  This affects it in windows and android as well as quick start.

Also be sure you have your boot order with the hard drive first, mine was set to usb and grub would not run.

What's DOS?
it24by7

Thanks for sharing your experience with Android on Lenovo s10-3t. I was thinking of installing Android on my ideapad, I have same model. Are you able to use the touch screen while you are running Android? Any other issues you have encountered with Android?

802.11n
exscentric

NO touch screen capability.  Actually I found running it from a usb stick was more stable than the hard drive install.  I've removed it for now.

The link to the google group above has a lot of folks working at getting Android 2 up and running, looks like it will be awhile but there is one person working with an s10-3t and specifically touch screen.

You might join the group and keep up on their activities.

I liked android enough to order an archos 7 home tablet (arriving today :-) for some of my armchair wanderings and mainly ereading.