Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Yesim

s10 Cracked Bezel

[ Edited ]

Hello

I have same problem. The bottom left corner of my screen case cracked.I have recognized this problem e few month ago. My friend has same netbook and i called her and told the problem. She also has same problem on the screen case.

Lenovo Ideapad S10

S/N : EBxxxxxxxx

Windows Xp Home Edition

I have inserted the image of crack.

Link to picture

Moderator Note; picture(s) totalling >50K converted to link(s) Forum Rules s/n edited for members own protection

Paper Tape
Yesim

Re: S10-3t , S103t Cracked Screen

I have just called Call Center of Lenovo Turkey and they said that is user error and If i send my netbooks to Technical Service , they can fix the screen - or change maybe-  but i have to pay cost of screen.

I have 2 idea pad and models are same and I have this problem each netbooks. How is it user error?

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 79
Kudos: 260
Solutions: 137

[ Edited ]

Hi Yesim,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

Thanks for your picture. However, it's kind of blur. Also, i think your issue is about bezel as compared to the issue we were discussing in the topic of s10-3t.

On the other hand, i understand the technical rep's feedback as they are following the procedures. At the same time, i do feel for you too. I'm not sure what i can help, but can you share both of your machine info with me? Info such as Serial Number, Machine Type model. Also, please PM me your full name, email address and phone contact.

Additonally, can you upload the pictures of the cracked bezel for the two machines you have mentioned that have encountered same bezel cracked issue? They will be very helpful.

Thank you.

Regards,
Cleo

I'm away until 6 Oct.
WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Paper Tape
veltok

[ Edited ]

I have exactly the same cracked screen problem. The machine is bought only three months ago. The crack runs accross the screen from left to right doing a downside arc.It appeared a few days ago and got longer in time. There is no physical damage on the screen surface.

ideaPad s10-2

s/n CBxxxxxxxx

veli tokmen

Moderator Note; s/n & e-mail address edited for members own protection

Community Moderator
yigit

@ all.

please send the personal information as serial numbers via pm ( personal message ), do not post here.

http://www.ki-themes.com
What's DOS?
neofawkes

[ Edited ]

I have this problem as well, one day I just opened my laptop and the screen had a crack on it with no apparent physical damage. I'm very careful with it and I'm not sure how this happened, it sounds like a design or quality problem based on the above posts. I called into Lenovo and they said I would have to pay almost $200 for an entirely new screen which is unacceptable for a $600 machine.

Model: Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3t

Serial Number:xxxxxxxxxx

Name: Shawn M. Mills

E-Mail: edited

Phone: edited

Moderator Note; s/n etc. edited for members own protection

Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

neofawkes,

What service should be saying is that this could be caused by customer induced damage and there could be a charge to repair it but we can certainly take a look.   If you didn't damage it, I would feel confident that our service team will resolve this for you under warranty and would encourage you to send it in.

As you understand, we can't just say, "Broken LCD?  Sure.. .no problem!"  because typically LCDs don't spontaneously crack on their own.   That is why support triesto set expectations for  the customer.   Since shipping this in and back if it is deemed billable and the customer elects not to pay, creates substantial costs (laptops may have gotten a lot cheaper but freight continues to go up, driven by fuel costs that are rising again) for Lenovo,  there is a charge that is waived if warranted repair, but billable to the customer if it isn't and they don't want it fixed.  If the customer wants it fixed, and it's billable, the shipping costs apply toward the repair.

Hope that helps!

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Fanfold Paper
paulmcdaid

Mark,

(1) read the chain it is not referring to a broken LCD (unless nofawkes totally changed the thread) but a broken case

(2) 3 people reported the same problem in this posting

(3) the picture may be blurred but it is pretty clear what the problem is

(4) i have the same problem.

(5) Owners, chill, it is cosmetic because the screen is fixed with metal hinges

(6) however when 4 people report a similar failure odds point to a design flaw and not user error

Best regards, Paul.

What's DOS?
stevedrevik

[ Edited ]

Mark:

1) My crack was spontaneous.  I had the unit about 3 months, and it broke simply closing the lid.

2) I did send it in.

3) Service charged me $250 + shipping to fix.

What part of 'your customer service is sincerely lacking' are we unclear about????

What part of the words 'design defect'  need additional definition?????

Please feel free to contact me about my experince directly

Moderator note; personal information removed to avoid abuse Forum Rules

Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

Steve,

Please send me a private message with your contact information and your service case number WNxxxxx

Have you already paid the $250?  If not, tell service you wish to dispute the charge.

I'm sure you understand that not every S10-3t has exhibited a screen crack and that each must be looked at on a case by case basis.    If we've made the wrong call in your case, I'm sure we can  resolve this upon review.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums