What's DOS?
Ismail

lenovo S10

http://i027.radikal.ru/1104/77/2b8814cc5d72.jpg

http://s53.radikal.ru/i139/1104/c6/b3d2f3ae8dee.jpg

http://i028.radikal.ru/1104/05/ed11ab9d9398.jpg

http://s58.radikal.ru/i159/1104/5d/90c6de334d49.jpg

http://i063.radikal.ru/1104/b6/15a59b195407.jpg

я купил ваш ноутбук 2 года назад ноутбук конечно хороший но, есть минусы я вот хочу у вас спросить какой же козел разработал такой корпус для этого ноутбука?, и как можно вот такие вот ноутбуки делать с такими дефектами? Дела тут не в экране а в самом строение корпуса очень ненадежна сделано слишком тонкое крепление на тонкой пластмассе нельзя было сделать саму крышку из алюминиевого сплава? Я конечно извиняюсь но буду жаловаться на ваш товар так как не тока я пострадал но и многие другие такие же дефекты встретились и в ваших новых ноутбуков, тоже в таком же месте.........

Fanfold Paper
RitaDB

Re: S10-3t , S103t Cracked Screen

[ Edited ]

I have the same [problem. After 6 months of discussion and arguing I just got my netbook back in the same state as I shipped it to Lenovo. Nothing has been done and Lenovo want more than the purchase price of a new identical netbook to fix mine. I have bought many IBM/Lenovo laptops over the years but after this experience I will never make that mistake again.

What's DOS?
ShawnHendrik

Re: s10 Cracked Bezel

I have the same problem on my S10-2. The lower left corner has developed cracks. When I called support, they wanted me to spend 220 Euros to fix it. I managed to stall the problem initially with some glue but now other areas have started cracking. This is just poor design from Lenovo - the decorative plastic blobs on the ends of the front bezel have literally no support whatsoever and the plastic is of very poor quality. 

I have been scouting the internet for reasonably priced spares but could not find any. Anyone got any pointers where I can get spare parts? I am okay to purchase even from a Lenovo store - just not okay spending as much as a new laptop just for shipping.

Paper Tape
JohnnyMicro

I have a Lenovo S10-3T and I have the same problem!

At first it cracked near the power button and power lock. They I made sure I swivel the screen on the other side to reduce pressure on the right hand side. Not to long after that in the middle top the bezel cracked. I called the supplier and they don't support the idea brand! They told me to call the people responsible for supportand repairs and when I explained the situation I was laughed at and told warranty is void due to physical damage. I then thought that I would live with the cracked bezel but over the last while it has just burst spontaniously at the speakers and gotten worse. There is even a chunk missing on the top now due to shoddy design. The system over all is quite nice to work with but due to the build quality and support I'm not easily going to purchase a lenovo ever again. Wish it was still IBM those where the days :smileysad:

Paper Tape
rbastedo

I have the S10-3 with this same problem.

I apologize if this is not the correct place to post, however this past weekend I was using the system then I turned it off and put it back in it's thickly padded case I bought to protect it. When I next removed it and turned it on the screen was all cracked looking. There was no dropping, hitting, banging, stepping etc. It sat on a shelf in it's protective padded bag until I pulled it out and started it up again and the screen was cracked. This is defective, there are no other explanation possible.

Help me Lenovo.

I also have one of your high end laptops that I use for work. We buy thousands of laptops and PC's where I work and I am feeling right now like we should switch back to Dell.

Fanfold Paper
aimeemoriwaki

I had a similar problem, except it was the plastic hinge that broke off the bezel rather than a crack along the plastic case.

Word of warning: The plastic parts are NOT covered by the warranty.  The warranty only covers "hardware," which means it only covers the electrical guts of the machine.  I was asked to pay $300 to replace the bezel, cover, and hinges.

I just had a fiasco on my hands when I sent it in, so I'd say to save yourself the trouble and patch it up with electrical tape or something.

Fanfold Paper
aimeemoriwaki

Got this link from another thread, but it's Lenovo's spare parts shop.

http://www.lenovospareparts.com/S-Series_c_34.html

Not sure how much shipping would cost, though.

What's DOS?
Hellmark

Add me as another one. I try to take good care of my S10e, and I now have cracks like that on my lid. The left hand side has split clean through, and the right side is pretty bad off too.

I have to say, the plastics on this are horrible.  I've never had any wear this badly, so quickly. Besides the cracks, I've worn the texture off the keyboard and track pad. Both were changed out a year ago, because they died while still under warranty. 

The Lenovo spare parts page, wants between $135 and $165 for just the lid. Considering what they sell for used, it is cheaper to buy a complete system, than just the part.

What's DOS?
anatura

Hi Mark,

I ho-pe you can help me out. I work for NYCDOE and we have ordered several Lenovo.  But unlike the previous vendors that we have worked with in the path with live support and excellent customer service, I am frustrated with the way of Lenovo.

I too have had a cracked screen and went ahead with the call in and sent in the computer to texas.  Here is the check status number ; WN474534

I am going nowhere fast.  Please help

Thanks,

Tony

What's DOS?
jnnie

Mark,

I have the same issue as everyone else.  One day a crack appeared on my screen, without any knowledgeable idea of what had happened.  Now my cursor is constantly moving towards the left side of the screen (where the crack is) since it's a touch screen.  I want to send it in to have it checked, and repaired.  But when I click on the contact us on lenovo's site, it pulls up a page that says "test", and that's it.  Through different pages, I finally found a phone number, but when I have called it several times, the line is too busy.  Can you give me some direction?

Thanks!