Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
mcpkpa

serious Bug with ee boot optimizer S205

Hi, i have bought a S205 few days ago. And now i have a problem with lenovo ee boot optimizer repeating itself endlessly.
It will start the optimizing screen on boot, then it will enter windows and do the finalizing process, auto-restart, then it will go into the same optimizing screen again and whole thing happen and happen again for hours until i stop it.
But it doesn't help, no matter how i stop it pressing ESC in optimizing screen or stopping it in windows during finalizing process, the bootup thing will still be there the next time i start my computer.
I also tried remove ee boot optimizer from windows, such act will result in "FBDefrag Program not found-Skip AutoCheck" etc, and will start doing the optimizing process again when i reinstall the program.
Please help, and let me know how to completely stop this ridiculious thing to happen.

Retired Employee
JameZ

Re: serious Bug with ee boot optimizer S205

@mcpkpa,

Try doing a One Key Recovery and check if the EE boot is still looping.

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Community Moderator
yigit

What's DOS?
Donvan

I get the same looping. I would just like to turn it off.  What is it suppose to do anyway.  I can't find any documentation as to what it's function.  The User guide for (K# series desktop model) has nothing about the optimizer.

What's DOS?
Donvan

It can be uninstalled under Control Panel\Programs\Programs & Features. 

Never did find out what it is to be used for, just uninstalled it.   Called tech support and got passed to several individuals, then put on hold.

Community Moderator
yigit

What's DOS?
keep_smilin44

Can you explain this further? Where do I find the One Key Recovery? I have tried several things to get this to stop to no avail.  I have the same problem. Thanks for responding.

What's DOS?
bossy

If you go to www.askjeeves.com and type in there Lenovo Think Vantage toolbox, you can download the toolbox from all of the Lenovo systems it will do a complete stress test for you and tell you what is really making your optimizer keep rebooting its self I have removed my through control panel and I have not had any problems with it since then try unistalling it and then run the toolbox stress test and see what you come up with hope this will help you

Paper Tape
Mr_Mister

The Answer is,

cancel the reboot and start the Programm "Boot Optimizer" and deactivate "automatic optimize".

There you go, no looping anymore! :smileywink:

Sorry about my English , i'm from Germany.

Greets

802.11n
fiesta

Go in to:  "msconfig" and locate it, untick, save, restart.

You need this feature, you just don't need it upon boot.

Good luck!