Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
BryantE
Accepted Solution

Annoying Beep when battery is at 10% Y650

[ Edited ]

Essentially this the same issue listed in the Y550 thread (http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-and-U-series-Laptops/Y550P-Low-Battery-Beep/m-p/200159#M18937)

After it reaches 10% remaining, the battery begins beeping every ~10 seconds until you plug an AC adapter in.

A BIOS release to shut off the beep would be appreciated. As my laptop starts beeping when I'm in class and thats no good.

Thanks,

Bryant

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Annoying Beep when battery is at 10% Y650

[ Edited ]

stay connected to the this link, currently there's no available bios update for y650 right now.

due to my absence, i may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.ki-themes.com
Paper Tape
BryantE

Will do,

I just started this thread because I was instructed to by a staff member named Cleo I believe.

Thanks,

Bryant

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 79
Kudos: 260
Solutions: 136

BryantE wrote:

Will do,

I just started this thread because I was instructed to by a staff member named Cleo I believe.

Thanks,

Bryant

Hi Bryan,

Yeah it's better to split the issue from another model so it would be easier for others and me to track. I'll check with the team and get back to you if there is any update :smileywink:

Cheers,

Cleo

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Paper Tape
BryantE

Are there any updates on this issue?

It is extremely annoying.

Bryant

Paper Tape
Leche

That would help a lot.

I wan't to get rid of that sound as well.

Thanks already,

Fanfold Paper
arch_one

[ Edited ]

I've had this issue since purchase, almost a year ago. Please issue a BIOS update and fix. It's a major flaw. I wish I'd seen the wired review before buying http://www.wired.com/reviews/product/ideapad_y650

Paper Tape
BryantE

arch_one wrote:

I've had this issue since purchase, almost a year ago. Please issue a BIOS update and fix. It's a major flaw. I wish I'd seen the wired review before buying http://www.wired.com/reviews/product/ideapad_y650

It seems that many of the users of this laptop have the same issue with it. I have yet to hear back from the tech support or dev teams at LENOVO. Are there any updates on this issue?

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 79
Kudos: 260
Solutions: 136

Hi All,

I'm sorry for late reply. I was not around when the new biox was released last week.

Anyway, please find the links here for download.

32bit of Win XP, Win Vista, Win 7 - 15CN35WW(V2.08_x32).exe

64bit of Win Vista, Win 7 - 15CN35WW(V2.08_x64).exe

Your trouble of having beep sound when battery is low should be fixed now. =)

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Cleo

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Blue Screen Again
janu

How about Y550 Serries do you have the bios updated, also slide nav to for windows XP if any, because the current software didn't work