Support in other languages: 
Lao
Blue Screen Again
Lao

Another Y560 bites the (BIOS) dust

[ Edited ]

So, I'm joining the increasing crowd of BIOS update gone bad on the Ideapad Y560.

Made a reboot, tried to update it to 59, application wrote every 33 blocks, said Operation Completed, but then it frozed completely. Nothing worked on the laptop, mouse, keyboard, touchpad, nothing.

I then took off the battery, removed the A/C plug and the laptop went OFF. Well, it stayed that way. It's DEAD. Nothing seems to resurrect it. Nothing comes ON, not even the fan.

I began reading over the internet, I saw some advice here about removing and/or swaping the RAM modules, but it didn't work.

Now the "good" part: the laptop was bought at the end of August 2010 in the US, but now I'm located in Eastern Europe for a few months. The local rep of Lenovo service center said today that my laptop's warranty it's not covered outside US. Wow! It's like owning a desktop. From my point of view, every laptop, no matter what brand, should have international coverage of warranty. That's why it is a LAPTOP, to carry it around the world.

Is there any Lenovo oficial here that reads this? Can you help me on this MAJOR problem?

Thank you!

Retired Employee
JameZ

Re: Another Y560 bites the (BIOS) dust

Hi Lao,

Welcome to Lenovo Forums.

You can check if your laptop is covered by the IWS (International Warranty) via link

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

SCSI Port
Dollmaker

Re: Another Y560 bites the (BIOS) dust

[ Edited ]

Your motherboard is fried/ dead and it need to be replaced..