Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
color567
Accepted Solution

B560 touchpad scroll problem

I was trying to troubleshoot a freezing problem before login and so, following some online instructions, i unchecked "load startup items" in system configuration, which turned off ELAN smartpad at startup. When I tried scrolling up and down on my touchpad and it didn't work, I figured it must have something to do with turning the feature off at startup. Indeed, ELAN smartpad was unchecked in the startup tab in system config, so i re-checked it. However, when I restarted my laptop, the scroll feature still wasn't working until I went into the  "Elantech" folder under Program files within the C: drive and double clicked on "ETDCtrl." I tried copying this "ETDCtrl" into the startup folder but then an error just pops up after logging in. I have to turn on the scrolling feature everytime I log into my computer and it is getting super annoying. How can it automatically start every time I turn on my laptop? Also, I noticed that in the Startup tab in system config, the folder for ELANtech is labeled as "%Programfiles%\Elantech\ETDCtrl.exe" instead of "C:\Programfiles\..." like for all the other startup items, is this the problem? if so, how do I fix it? thanks!

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: B560 touchpad scroll problem

you can re-install touchpad drivers. it will fi registry issue(s)

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Blue Screen Again
color567

how do i reinstall the touchpad driver?

Blue Screen Again
color567

nvm..it worked! thanks!

Paper Tape
mrferdiex

how to reinstall touchpad driver??i have the same issue,,my touchpad scroll didn't work