Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
athuff02

Base Warranty Registration - Ideapad Z575

I'm having difficulty regisitering my laptop for the base warranty.  When I go to this website: 

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/Member/member.aspx

There is no way I can choose United States of America as my country.  Is there an alternate website I should be visiting? 

Also tried calling Lenovo support, but their phone systems are down until Monday. 

Any help would be appreciated. :cathappy:

l1
Punch Card
l1

Re: Base Warranty Registration - Ideapad Z575

You're right.  I just tried to register my Z575, but the drop-down list doesn't show the U.S.  Odd.  So I tried to register without an entry in that field, but that doesn't work; the field requires an input.  :smileyfrustrated:

Paper Tape
z575-owner

I noticed the same thing when I tried to register my Idepad on the Lenovo site. I live in California and bought the machine in California so I'm covered by the one year warranty by California state law even if I don't register with the company.

It does seem strange that Lenovo excluded the US on its registration site.

--Steve in California--
Guru
dragnoak

[ Edited ]

No sweat. AFAIK you really don't have to "register" your warranty when in the US. It may take Lenovo a "few" weeks to update your information, but when the do, you can look up your warranty status at this link:

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/product-service/warranty-status/default.page?

After you do, you should be presented with this type of information:

WarrantyWebSite.PNG

I have the 3 year extension. The "normal" warranty is the "Base".

I would also suggest you "register" at the US Support site, for the most complete driver information.

EDIT: I should have added that the warranty begins at the "Date Of Manufacture". If you bought your machine from Lenovo direct sales (at the Lenovo web site), the start date will be the date that the machine ships out to you. However, if you bought the laptop from a reseller, such as Best Buy, your Lenovo warranty will still be the date of manufacture. The start date could be months earlier than the day you bought it. You should check the resellers warranty policy for any problems you may encounter.

Still, you can buy a warranty extension at the Lenovo web site.

DragonRider

I'm DO'ing IT
Lenovo Y470 085525U 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM processor ( 2.00GHz 1333MHz 6MB )
IdeaCentre A520 Intel® Core™ i5-3230M processor ( 2.60GHz 2600MHz 3MB )
T420
l1
Punch Card
l1

[ Edited ]

@dragnoak,

It's been 5 weeks since I bought my laptop but it's still not showing up in the link you provided. And how can Lenovo even know about the sale and post the serial number when I didn't get my laptop from them (I bought it from NewEgg)?

Guru
dragnoak

I1,

As I've said in my edited reply, if you bought it from a reseller, you should check with that reseller's warranty policy. Did you pay for the Newegg extended warranty? Then see the Newegg site at:

http://www.newegg.com/HelpInfo/ExtendedWarranty.aspx#General

Any problems you encounter with your Z575 should be brought to the attention of Newegg. According to the poster tbc on this Newegg page, he worked in conjunction with Newegg, and Lenovo to get his laptop RMA'ed.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834246150

You might try calling the Lenovo support site, giving them your serial number, and see if your machine is under any warranty from them.

I don't know if Newegg is an authorized reseller of Lenovo laptops. At the Newegg site they don't have any more Z575's for sale, nor do they anticipate having any more in stock. I wouldn't be surprised if they bought a gross of them last year, and they unloaded them for cut rate prices. That's why I always buy my machines at the OEM. I pay more in the long run, but I have the security of the extended warranty.

Sorry. :smileysad:

DragonRider

I'm DO'ing IT
Lenovo Y470 085525U 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM processor ( 2.00GHz 1333MHz 6MB )
T420
l1
Punch Card
l1

dragnoak,

Nothing to be sorry about. I appreciate the feedback. I did get the laptop at a good price from NewEgg. I have an old, but super reliable Lenovo desktop with XP Pro on it that has been a workhorse for me for many years. I don't think it would survive a reinstall and upgrade to Windows 7, so my goal was to buy a fairly inexpensive, but decent, laptop with Win7 and to grow in my experience with it. This Ideapad has been filling that role just fine. The warranty card that came with it was from Lenovo and it clearly indicates the one year warranty. So I'll keep my NewEgg receipt and that warranty card tucked away someplace safe if I ever need it. Plus, I bought it with my American Express and they confirmed that they will double that warranty. So, I've got about 2 years of warranty coverage for no additional charge.

I've got some more questions about this laptop and Lenovo that I'll post in a separate thread here (so I'm not guilty of hijacking this one). I'd love it if you (and others) would respond when I post those questions.

Thx.
Guru
dragnoak

I1,

No problem! We "Midwesterners" always lend a helping hand to others having trouble. It's just who we are. :heart:

Cheers!

DragonRider

I'm DO'ing IT
T420