Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
kojio

Re: Battery level indicator stopped working!

I'm using the Vista that it came with.

But I'm begining to notice a pattern here.  It seems when the LEDs go out and then I unplug the machine from the power source, the LEDs usually come back (I don't know if they come back immediately, or after a few minutes--I've never caught the moment they came back on).  I feel like the LEDs go out when the machine has been at full charge for some (i don't know how long) time--then they light back up when the battery is no longer at full charge (i.e. when you unplug it from the power source).

Perhaps they were designed this way??? But what's wierd is that I don't think that they behaved this way for the first 3 or 4 days that i had the computer; in the initial days i feel like the LEDs never went off???

I'll keep an eye on this pattern to see if it holds up. 

Ctrl-Alt-Del
kojio

I just tested it.  It seems that the LEDs turn off when the batteries are charged to 100%.  They come on at 99% and below.  NOt sure if this was deliberate design or not. I wish they stayed on all the time... they look cool.
What's DOS?
estrella

Maybe this is related in a round about way. In my Y530 user guide, it says "To extend the life of the battery, when the AC adapter is plugged in, the computer does not start recharging the battery if the remaining power is no less than 95 percent." So if the orange lights are off, let's interpret that to mean that the batteries are fully charged and the computer is using power from the AC adapter.