Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
Knuckles_XK

Re: BioExcess- password bank

just bought a lenovo b570 and have been trying to figure this fingerprint thing out.  this is what i've found:

1. doesn't work with chrome

2. doesn't work with 64-bit version of IE 8

3. DOES work with "regular" 32-bit version of IE 8

4. don't know about firefox, mozilla, etc., sorry

my computer came with chrome (which i prefer), the 64 bit version of IE 8 which I tried as it implies greater security, and BioExcess didn't recognize anything using these browsers.  I opened the regular IE 8 and voila...the fingerprint icons started appearing in the upper left corner as promised.  i don't know why this fingerprint thing doesn't work with those other browsers, i'm only relaying my experiences....I could have something set wrong with them which is why they don't work, don't know.

granted i just figured this out a few minutes ago and went to only a few sites, though they all seem to work fine.  i'll keep my fingers crossed.

good luck all.

What's DOS?
mfunk11

OK real simple here, lenovo actually installs both a 64 and a 32 bit version of internet explorer simply go launch the 32 bit version and the finger print icon will appear works fine!

What's DOS?
lahma

But who wants to use internet explorer anyways?! Especially ie8! 

What's DOS?
syymy

I agree. I just bought the same model and all but I can't add any online accounts on this thing and it's not like there are any instructions within the program.
Paper Tape
Rapunzll

I can get this to work with IE on my new V570, but not with FF.    I can run my fingerprint over the reader and the box shows up in the left hand corner, but it just says accepted and does not give me the option of registering the passwords.   UGH!!

Paper Tape
nschlies1531

Why would I buy a 64-bit laptop and use a 32-bit browser? This doesn't make sense to me.

Also, I've recently encountered other problems. 'Bioexcess.msi' and 'default.msi' aren't being found. I've tried to uninstall Egis and Bioexcess but when I click uninstall it reinstalls. When I try to reinstall it tells me the file already exists. Anyone have a solution? I've already gone through msconfig and disabled everything to do with bioexcess and Egis but still have the same problem.

What's DOS?
lahma

i have been following this thread for months and noone at Lenovo cares that their software is CRAP. dont bother trying to pursue the issue further
Retired Employee
JameZ

@All,

As mentioned by Yigit and the BioExcess from EgisTec. The compatible browsers for BioExcess as below.

bioexcess.JPG

Source

I've also tested on a V570 - Win 7 Ulti x64 with SP1. The BioExcess works fine on the IE 9 as well.

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

What's DOS?
MonkeyBrain

DUMB DUMB DUMB

Yeah, bioexcess does not work on the 64 bit web browser. Same problem as the rest of you guys.  I just bought a B570 and was super excited about this feature, only to learn that it isn't half as cool as it could be.  THe thing that bothers me most is the limited number of websites that can be used.  On egistech.com under FAQ it states that it's only compatible with the top 100 sites from alexa on pc mag.  Half of which don't even require a username or password.  At least it works with gmail and amazon, but seeing as those are the only two sites out of 100 that I normally use it isn't exactly worth the trade off of having to use crappy IE8 32 bit.  Cool Idea Lenovo but hopefully egistech comes back from fairy land where everyone uses an old webbrowser and is dying to log on to CNN with their stupid fingerprint reader.