Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
chobo
Accepted Solution

Blu-ray/DVD Combo vs Blu-ray DVD-RW

I just have a quick question about the optical drive option for Y580 listed on Lenovo Shop. What is the difference between Blu-ray/DVD Combo and Blu-ray/DVD-RW? Are they same with a different name? Do they both burn DVD+/- and dual layer DVD?

Thanks!

Fanfold Paper
Glenwing

Re: Blu-ray/DVD Combo vs Blu-ray DVD-RW

Both drives are the same, they can read and write CDs and DVDs, and read (but not write) Blu-ray.  They are written differently because Lenovo does odd things like that.  For example in the Y480 configurations they are all listed as having "Bluetooth 4.0" except one, which is just listed as having "Bluetooth".  Sometimes when they add new configurations to the page, they will write some of the specs without checking the existing configurations for consistency in how they write the terminology.

—Glenwing

IBM® ThinkPad® T61-7664-16U | Intel® Core™2 Duo T7300 | NVIDIA® Quadro® NVS 140M | 128GB OCZ® Vertex 4 SSD
Paper Tape
chobo

Glenwing, thanks for your answer! Am I correct to assume DVDs include dual layer DVD?
Bit Torrent
ishaan

Yes, Dvds incude double or dual layer dvd also.
Cheers
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.