Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
gg41

Brand New Ideapad Y560 Problem (machine wont turn on)

I received my ideapad Y560 on monday of this week and it had been working fine. Last night i was using the laptop when all of a sudden the screen froze and the display essentially turned staticy and jagged. I held down the power button to turn off the machine so i could restart it but when i went to turn it back on several light turned on, i could hear the fan come on and the hard drive spinning but the screen did not turn on at all and nothing happened. Now the machine refuses to turn on at all. I noticed that the laptop seemed to be running hotter than usual last night so i dont know if it overheated or something like that. Any ideas on what could be wrong? I am more than a little irritated that my brand new machine has ceased working 2 days after i received it.

Blue Screen Again
cukhi123

Re: Brand New Ideapad Y560 Problem (machine wont turn on)

My computer did the exact same thing, except that it skipped straight to the 'doing nothing' phase. It turned out to be a faulty motherboard. I suggest you take advantage of your warranty and send your machine in.

Fanfold Paper
gg41

well it looks like i will be sending this thing back in after 2 whole days of owning it. Im glad that lenovo makes such quality products that the stop working in less than a week after buying them. Even the dell's that i have purchased in the past havent had issues like this. Id also like to point out that im not sure why i purchased the warranty which includes on site repair when both service reps i spoke to told me i have to send the machine in to them and wait at least 10 business days to get it back... with what im reading on this site that 10 business days could turn into months. Unless this machine works flawlessly when i get it back im incredibly disappointed with this company.

Fanfold Paper
gg41

well just called the support number to see the status of the repair. They received the computer last friday and apparently started working on it yesterday and seem to think its the motherboard. Not sure how the motherboard stops working in 2 days after receiving a brand new laptop but the service rep said it may be done tomorrow and ship back out. Assuming it takes another 3 days to ship  it will be approximatley 3 weeks after receiving my new computer that i can actually use it :smileysad:

Paper Tape
maxp

I have exactly the same problem. But I'm in the UK now, so I can not fix my laptop using my warranty (the Y-series laptops can not be fixed in British Lenovo service centres). I hate it :smileysad:

Community Moderator
yigit

[ Edited ]

as i know, they send the machines to france.

by the way guys, did you try to perform clean windows installation by pressing one key recover button? ( small button near the power button - with arrow sign - )

for more information about recovery, you can read user manual.

due to my absence, i may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.ki-themes.com
Fanfold Paper
dhruvin917

Yigit, not to sound rude or anything but pressing the one key recovery is not going to help if the computer wont turn on at all... just saying but correct me if i am wrong  becuase this issue happened to my friend a couple of days off and i tried everything to help and we just ended up sending it in to the company...

Community Moderator
yigit

then, you may having possible mainboard or ram issue, no other solution except shipping back to support center.

ome of users were having trouble -only- windows, so to get the main issue, i suggested that.

due to my absence, i may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.ki-themes.com
Paper Tape
dinkyfish

After reading above posts, I see that i'm not the only one who's had MAJOR issues with this y560.  They sent me a replacement laptop which only had half the ram it's supposed to and as i type this am awaiting the tech people to call about coming today onsite to fix either one of these---realistically, i think they're both going back and i'm getting a full refund and hitting the nearest Fry's.  I've been completely disappointed with this lenovo product.

Fanfold Paper
dhruvin917

dinkyfish a lot of people have had the same issue as u and when i hear that they dont give the things ur supposed to have it makes me question why is it that they do it all the time? is it on purpose? are they just cheap? and why is it that they cant help solve the problem in one phone call? Seriously, Lenovo is mad dumb if u ask me...