Support in other languages: 
Serial Port
alan93

Re: C: Drive Partition Too Small?

Too late, I killed the D partition following the "great ideas" offered here. Can't get it back. Looks like my options are now reformatting or getting a refund for problems mentioned on other posts (mainly network connection problems)

THanks to the genius who decided to partition these things at the factory to 30 gig on the primary drive.....idiotic.
Punch Card
Solfire

Seriously.
Retired Guru
skripatch

Different people have different needs and it is way not polite to call someone an idiot just because he is not like you.
For example - me and almost all my friends and also some members of this forum don't understand why no to move all your documents/media/games to drive "D" ? It's done for the safety of your data in case of OS fail - you just recover OS and all your data is safe on "D".
And  what are YOU going to do?
You're resizing "C", which affects  built-in recovery function and when something happens (as practice and time shows) you lose all your data (if you don't know how to resize partition I'm sure you aparently don't how to recover all deleted data - I know all this and helped many people, so be sure I know what's the point) and cry out "Oh Lenovo Idiots, oh they broke my life, oh their notebooks are useless and stupid".

Regarding topic:
Perhaps you should delete all partitions (D, Recovery) except "C:" and expand your partition to the hole size of HDD - this space must be enough. Resizing "C" makes restore partition useless and you can free up 18-22 gb by deleting it. 
//help will save the world
Serial Port
shoguevara

Yeah, you are right. But I think the better issue is storing all personal data on D drive - Windows has an option for changing "My Documents" folder location, so I suggest to use it.
Retired Guru
skripatch

So do I -  what else "D:" is made for? =)
//help will save the world
What's DOS?
Joshzor

I agree the C: drive is WAY TOO SMALL!!! and its bugging me something terrible.
I am only new with computers and the way of the lenovo and I was wondering if there was a way of making the D: drive as the default drive instead of the c: drive. If this was possible it would help greatly as this redirecting is INSANE!!!
wat was going through lenovos head when they worked this out.

Also I seem to be missing out on some 30 GB or so. I have the Y510/100 and I should have a total of 160GB where as in my C: drive it says I have 29.2 GB and my D: drive says I have 104GB.  Where have the rest gone and how do I get it back.

One last problem is that I seem to be losing space overtime without my adding anything. When I turned my comp on I had 10.7GB remaining in my C: drive and now I only have 10.0GB I didnt download anything or install etc... Any ideas??

If anyone has any answer to any of these problems it would be greatly appreciated because otherwise I really like my brand new laptop.
Punch Card
boyle

[ Edited ]
there's a recovery partition at the end of the disk which cost you around 20G.
so, your hdd capacity is about right.

other problems are Windows behavior, not the hardware itself.

Message Edited by boyle on 04-25-2008 07:37 AM
Serial Port
shoguevara

NTFS  "eats" a bit of disk space, also memory could be used by windows recovery system - make hided files visible and check the "System Volume Information" folder's size.