Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
BrandonPDC

CD not ejecting

[ Edited ]

My CD drive doesn't want to eject, CD's will go in but then they won't come out. It seems like it is because they are hitting some gate mechanism that is too slow to get out of the way of the CD while on their way out. If I push the "gate" with a business card as I eject the CD, I can usually manage to get the CD out of the drive.

I heard it is possible that this out of wack operation can be from a misconfigured "base image". 

Thank you.

Paper Tape
bobbydecman

DVD stucked in Lenovo u400 mechanic

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone. I have problem.. maybe month ago got my cod4 dvd stucked into dvd mechanic. I dunno what to do since there is no any little hole or anythin where i could insert needle. Thank you for any answer.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/812/38364723281733691371393.jpg/

Fanfold Paper
jrogers239

Re: DVD stucked in Lenovo u400 mechanic

This might sound weird but this happened to my brothers MacBook (I can't tell if it's the same time of DVD player but they at least look the same) if it is, this is what the Apple Store guy did. He closed the computer titled it upside down (so the DVD player is facing downwards). Than what he did was thrusted it downwards as fast as he could without letting go of the laptop, be sure to be safe with this as you don't want to actually let go of the laptop and smash it. It logged the CD stuck in the MacBook loose and it was good to go, this might work, give it a try.

topmahof
Topics: 35
Kudos: 352
Solutions: 238

Hi bobbydecman and welcome to the community,

Only two tricks that I know and neither one is for Lenovos.

Trick for MAC is to hold down on the trackpad while cold booting, that sends a hardware level command for eject. 

Trick for Dells is to boot into the bios and hit the eject button while you're in the bios.

You could try holding in the eject button while you're booting.

If none of these work, anything more drastic will definitely void your warranty.  

Dave

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
802.11n
velenoso666

Re: CD not ejecting

[ Edited ]

How do you open the drive? Do you press the button on the drive itself, or do you right click on the drive icon in my computer and select eject? Plus last time this happen to me I just uninstalled the drivers and rebooted and it worked on boot up.

Paper Tape
BrandonPDC

The u400 has one of those streamline CD drives that doesn't have any button, kind of like they do it on Mac laptops. So, I either eject with a right click on the drive itself or I use a Fn key for ejecting the CD. By the way, there isn't a paperclip eject button on this kind of CD drive. 

http://www.lenovo.com/products/us/laptop/ideapad/u-series/u400/

I'd like to try and eject the CD on boot up, but it doesn't seem like the Fn key does anything while booting.

Unfortunately for me, I just  installed Ubuntu to see if it will eject CD's normally while running that, but it did not. At this point, it seems like it is probably a hardware issue... or maybe there is something in the BIOS that would cause something like this (anybody?)

Ctrl-Alt-Del
pacman

Hi bobbydecman,

I had  the same issue. This happend to me the first day I got it. I was installing software and sure enough one of the disks got stuck in there. Unfortunately I don't think I have any good solutions to this as I banged on the side of the laptop while pressing the eject button to get it out. I ended up returning it for another one. Now I just have other issues with it....dissapointing.

What's DOS?
geodude

does anyone have a solution? my u400 wouldnt eject my cd either...

What's DOS?
geodude

any solutions? my disc got stuck too