08-21-2011 01:28 PM - edited 08-21-2011 01:37 PM
Hello, I have a Lenovo Y550 ideapad and Windows 7 x64.
A few days ago, my internal webcam randomly stopped working.
Here is what I have tried so far:
1. Pressing Fn+Esc does not work. It only gives a message: Warning! There is no camera installed on this computer.
2. I re-installed the Power Management driver as suggested by some or the forums, and this did not help.
3. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the Camera device driver, but this failed and gave the message: Warning! No Matched Device Driver.
4. The webcam is not shown in the Device Manager, so I cannot remove and re-install it.
5. http://www.testwebcam.com/ does not show a device.
It seems as though the webcam is disconnected and not even seen by the OS. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm completely out of ideas. Thanks in advance!
08-22-2011 01:56 AM