Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Antestor

Connectivity issues with Z470

I got this a week ago and, while it's nice, it's been nothing short of hell trying to stay on the internet.  I got it for school, but I find myself losing productivity with it.  I can spend, easily, a quarter of the time just begging this thing to connect to the internet to complete my homework.  I've run windows update, but that doesn't solve the problem.

The person next to me has a mac and he has no problems whatsoever.  Another person I study with has a windows laptop, it's years old, but he never has problems either.  We all connect to the wireless network provided by the school.  I haven't had any problems at home, it mostly happens here at school  It solely rests on me being the one with problems.  The worst part is, this is homework where the connectivity is essential to completion.

Does oanyone have any idea what can be done to fix this?  If nothing else, at least rememdy it?  Thanks.

topmahof
Topics: 37
Kudos: 374
Solutions: 241

Re: Connectivity issues with Z470

[ Edited ]

Hi Antestor and welcome to the community,

You could try some of the things in this thread and see if anything helps.

When you're trying to stay connected, does Windows see more than one connection that has about the same strength? Or are you just connected to one connection?

There's a few threads here that suggest that certain antivirus applications will interfere with a wifi connection also.  What AV are you running?

Dave

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Paper Tape
Antestor

Thanks forthe response.  I had delayed responding because this only seems to happen at school and just got back.  Anyways, I attempted what had been suggested there, but the problem still persists.  Earlier, it was doing alright, but now it seems to be continuing.

I just ran a speedtest over at speedtest.net and got a download speed of 1.27mbs and an upload of .02mbs.  That's way off what I've gotten before.

Thanks.

Paper Tape
Antestor

I forgot to add, this does happen some at home. When I am 3 feet away from my wireless router, I see the signal hovering around 3 bars.
Paper Tape
Antestor

After thinking about it, really, thanks a lot for the help, but this is at an end. I got it for one simple task, really(connect to the internet at school), and apparently it can't even do that. Tomorrow, I will likely go through the process of trying to return this. I loved the laptop itself, I loved the deal, I loved everything about it but it can't do one simple thing. One tiny, simple, thing and that's all I needed it to be able to do good. Whatever.
topmahof
Topics: 37
Kudos: 374
Solutions: 241

Hi Antestor,

That speedtest is pretty low.  It could be a chafed antenna or an antenna isn't connected properly to the card. 

I'm sorry that none of those other procedures worked for you.

Dave

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество