Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
Esoteric

Re: Cooling Pads for the y570

And please don't take this as the cure for your graphics problems guys
I'm still having graphics problems with GTA IV and Dead Rising 2.
So for some games, it improves the gameplay, but some dont.   

Token Ring
zitnikp

Hah I told you the same. I use the notepal u3 and it did decrease my temps for about 4-5°C. But it did not help me with gaming or anything. I would still prefer to use the laptop ON the cooling pad..Not on the table or sth.

Punch Card
Esoteric

Update: Feb 25th.

The cooler's effectiveness has been noticeably decreased.  For some reason, the fan now makes an annoying whirring sound and the gameplay seems to improve a tiny bit.  I'm beginning to think that this "cooler" is going to be my new laptop stand.  

Fanfold Paper
Bayinaung

I found that keeping the laptop half an inch off the surface, allowing for greater free-flow of air reduces my laptop's temp by 3-5 degrees during gameplay which is equal to what most cooling pads do (from what I've read of reviews). I am using half-inch high rubber furniture pads that costs $4.  If anyone has experienced any cooling pads that reduces your Y560 or Y570 by 8 to 10 degrees Celsius, PLEASE let us know and post here.  That would be immensely helpful.

I have seen some average notebook cooling pads doing wonders for aluminum body notebooks (i.e. Macbook air) but remember that those bodies conduct heat very effectively so any good fan will reduce their surface body heat effectively but wont do the same kind of job for Lenovo ideapads.

Token Ring
Fletchman1313

I have an old plastic Targus laptop stand which lifts the back of the laptop to create space below the laptop.  It's primitive, but it works.  

I had just rearranged my desk (including my monitor and laptop) and I put my Y570 on the Targus stand on the "lowest" setting, which is essentially as shallow an angle as you can get, when I noticed that my temps were spiking to the 90's when playing Skyrim (they've been spiking in the mid 80's recently).  So I made the angle on the stand steeper (adding more space between the desk surface and the bottom of the laptop) and my temps went back down to what I consider normal temps (around 75 degrees or so).  

I don't think cooling pads or stands should be dismissed as frivolous.  The only reason I noticed the temps were higher (other than the fan blowing a lot harder) was that Skyrim actually started stuttering in some areas and it was probably temp related. 

Punch Card
Meek_Milly

Recommends for cooling pad for Y570?

Can someone please recommend me a cooling pad for the Y570? These are the 2 options I had in mind so far:

1. Logitech Cooling Pad N200 | Staples®
2. http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-...s_2243862011_1

Any suggestions/feedback is much appreciated. Thanks!

HDMI
kostadinbal

Re: Recommends for cooling pad for Y570?

Meek, there isn't a big difference just be sure that the pad should suck the air below the laptop, not blow it into your machine*. If possible, try them at the shop

*Like this, a lot of dust will infiltrate your laptop and you don't want that.
Token Ring
Fletchman1313

I have the Coolermaster U2. My CPU temps maxes are around 20 degrees less with the fans on.

Before I got the cooling pad, my temps while playing Skyrim were around 85 degrees (with spikes up to 95) and since getting the cooling pad it's now at around 65 degrees with spikes to 75. There's a lot of debate over whether a cooling pad is worth it. I think it all depends on whether the 20 degrees makes a real big difference or not.
Community Moderator
Zehnsteine

Hi Meek_Milly,

please have a look at the cooling pad discussion in this thread...

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-and-Z-series/Processor-location-on-Y570/m-p/713853#M53065

you can try to jury rig some gauze-cloth or filter-paper from kitchen exhaust system over

the air-input side of cooling pad fan to filter out most of dust.

Zehn

HDMI
kostadinbal

I have the same CoolerMaster U2 but I have flipped the fans