Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
fest
Accepted Solution

Desktop freezes

Hi,

I bought an IdeaPad U450P and it just came today. I started testing it and while I was taking the test tour (intalling network, launching video and internet sites to see does everything works fine) the desktop froze and after a few secs the notebook restarted. I continued my tour and after a couple of minutes it did it again, and after the third time I thought I should seek help here. I haven't intalled any programs, the laptop is brandnew and the box was never opened. It came with a 32 bit Windows 7 Home Premium. I have Windows 7 Proffesional 64 bit and I wish to intall it on the notebook. Is there any chance the notebook will stop doing that after the intallation, and if not, would there be a problem when returning it back to the repair center?

Retired Guru
Duck3

Re: Desktop freezes

I personally would not install anything until freezing problem

is solved.

Check the Event Viewer for errors.

Control Panel>System and Security>View Event Logs

Se if anything shows up in there.

Paper Tape
fest

Thanks for the advice, you are right, I won't install it, until I find the problem. Btw what am I searching in the event viewer? At least which category should I look into? Meanwhile I restored the Windows with the one key recovery. I stopped Windows Updates, because that was the only thing that I have installed last time. But it keeps doing it. Only did it once so far, but that means the problem still remains.

Retired Guru
Duck3

I guess Administrative Events.

I think you should call tech support, since you
tried a restore, and the problem persists.