Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Retired Guru
skripatch

Re: Disk Partioning and OneKey Recovery Feature

apiwatw08, yes, you got it right.
Keep your data (music/movies/games/installers) on disc D. And also %tmp% and %temp% folders.
Just google for "change location of temporary files folder".
HTH
//help will save the world
Paper Tape
apiwatw08

Appreciate your helps, Skripatch. Thanks again.
Paper Tape
juanjomorales70

Mikhail

Do you have the sizes for a Y710?? I tried the sizes you posted and the onekey utility says "The hard disk partition is different from the preconfigured backup".

Will be happy if you could find the solution

Best Regards from Mexico

Saludos Amigo!!

Punch Card
Mikhail

Sorry, I only have Y510. Can't help you here.
Paper Tape
raywel

I have had my IdeaPad Y510 for only two weeks and have already filled up my C: drive. This FAQ has been helpful and I have copied my User folders to the D: drive, but when I try to delete the User folders off my C: drive it keeps telling me I am using a file (everything else is closed) and it just hangs there. How do I get rid of this set of folders from my C: drive? Also, that will remove 4 Gig from my C: drive, but every new program I add goes into the C: drive and it will still fill up soon. What can I do then if all programs need to be on C:? I'm a bit of a techno-luddite, so please keep answers simple...
Retired Guru
skripatch

I think that changing the location of swapfile (pagefile) can help to free up C drive.
Control panel->System->Advanced->[first button-dont know what is in English Vista]->Advanced

here you can change allocation of pagefile.
Serial Port
shoguevara

[ Edited ]
raywel, what have you done to move your docs to D drive? Did you just cut-pasted that. You must use "move documents folder"(or so) from context menu of Documents folder. Also if there are unwanted and non removable files you can use this utility http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/ but I advise to use it carefully - do not delete files that you don't know what they needed for(could harm your system or even kill it).

Message Edited by shoguevara on 06-02-2008 10:40 AM
Fanfold Paper
funkyman

How do you recover c drive,which button is that on the y510 and can you create a back up system disc onto a  DVD rom.

3rd quation can you boot from and external usb drive.Thanx
Retired Guru
skripatch

There is n osuch button on Y510 - only NOVA key for restoring the system from image on hidden service partition.
Paper Tape
sola17

Hi,

just got my IdeaPad Y510 and was going to return to factory settings with Vista DVD that came with it. Accidentaly I removed the small partition and now it only shows on my Administrative Tools > Disk Management one big partition C: with 135GB and one hidden partition with 15GB (EISA) that I cannot access.

As some features were not working I tryed to use the NOVO button to make a System Recovery and got the message that partition size was changed from its original and System Recovery could not proceed.

Does that means that I permanently lost this feature? How can I fix this and perform the System Recovery?

Thanks!