Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
rhubeny

Display Driver lgfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered

Hi,

I just purchased a Y430 and perodically the message "Display Driver lgfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered" will display after my screen turns black for about 1-2 seconds. I'm not playing video games or anything. I was just going through the different applications. I have literally only had the machine for a few hours. I ordered it straight from Lenovo's site. I have yet had the opportunity to dll anything to it. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.  

Blue Screen Again
rhubeny

Re: Display Driver lgfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered

Update: The Lenovo phone techs could not fix it either. They requested that I return it. They were very kind & patient in the help process. The only bummer is that it took me a good 45 minutes talking to the returns department why I should not have to pay a 15% re-stocking fee since I only had the computer for less than 24 hours and sending it back. They finally did agree. I hope my laptop problem was a isolated incident. I will retry one more time and order another one....hope I have better luck this time.