Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Serial Port
kashing92

Re: Backlight stays on, after powered off.

I see. Well, then I will try that the next time this happens.

However, it also happens during idling, not just shut down, so, it won't always be possible.

And I hope this solution is permanent.

Thanks.

Paper Tape
JHuberman

My gut feeling is that this is not a final solution, however my workaround is to press the "sleep" button before I leave the computer to make sure it will not white out.  I first noticed the white out problem when it went to sleep, long before I discovered it stayed on after shutdown.

Serial Port
kashing92

If this problem is not because of the Software on it, then it should be hardware related, an innate problem that very well existed before any of us received the product.

Hence, doing a restore will have almost no use, save appeasing the Lenovo Techs. Plus all the custom settings and customisation of my laptop will have to be redone for about the 6th time.

Well, IDK much about electronics/circuits/engineering since I'm just a student, but doesn't this problem seem to be coming from the laptops' power supply or a related connective part within the laptop? If this problem never happens again I'll be fine. But if it does, I'm worried that it will not be resolved.

and, it's not like I can make a white screen happen instantly. It'll take some use before you get it. Having complained already, I hope they can fix it. But that means I'll lose my laptop again.

Serial Port
kashing92

Brilliant. Lenovo staff (Thank You Max) has agreed to help me out with the problem, by looking into the extended warranty and arranging for a tech to come and check on my laptop next week.

Hopefully, I can bring some good news to all.

What's DOS?
Singaporelaptop

Re: Displays white screen during sleep and when the display is turned off

Just bought a new Y460  at the Singapore IT Show.  It won't start up.  I've plugged it in, installed the battery, and all I get is the white screen.  No start up, no BIOS page, nothing.  Just the white blank screen.  I've tried turning off and on, removing the battery, etc.  Nothing works.  It's a Sunday, so customer support is not open.  Any thoughts on what I should do?  Thanks

Serial Port
kashing92

You're lucky, I wish I had some one to tell me something earlier.

Well, your problem is kinda related as it is white screen, but then again you aren't getting it the same way. All our Ideapads function fine, except the screen refuses to go off but stays white. Yours is weird too.

Go to the shop, or call the Support on the next possible day.

Hopefully they can fix your problem.

Serial Port
kashing92

The Lenovo Service Center engineer kindly came to my house and flashed the new BIOS (to try and fix this problem).

Unfortunately the only thing that BIOS claims to be changing is the 10% low battery beep sound.

Also, with me not being the only person with this problem, it should not be the BIOS but whatever.

I shall now test and hope to never get a white screen again.

Paper Tape
JHuberman

What seems to have worked for me (knock on wood), is after taking the battery out and unplugging the power, I held the power button down for 10 seconds to discharge any capacitors.  It has been a week and the problem has not resurfaced.

(When I just took the battery and power supply out for a few seconds and replaced them the problem went away only for a day, and then returned.  I did that twice before I found out about holding the power button.)

Good luck...

Joseph 

Serial Port
kashing92

Alright, I see what you mean.

This problem is irregular, and probly due to that weird power defect thingy.

Well, here it goes again... Fn+F2 won't work... just when I thought it was better after testing.

Punch Card
raybonr

so, this has pretty much boiled down to; there is no fix. Nothing mentioned above has worked. I haven't called Lenovo Tech Support, because they'll just have me try what yall did (which i've already tried to no avail).