Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
bnathwani

Drivers Page for Ideapad Z570

So after reading all the posts with regards to the Windows 7 Pro problems I have deviced to update my Bios for the Ideapad Z570.

When I use the drop downs to find my laptop it cannot be found. Whats happened to the drivers page for the Z570. Please can someone link me.

Thanks

Bud

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Drivers Page for Ideapad Z570

Paper Tape
bnathwani

Perfect.

But I thought there was a new Bios released in September?

Community Moderator
yigit

as you noticed, there is no update since july.
what kind of issue(s) do you have?

http://www.ki-themes.com
Paper Tape
bnathwani

Judging by reading the forums I think its quite a popular one.

After installing a new version of Windows 7 Pro (64-bit), I get the cannot shutdown issue, where you have to manually press the off button.

After installing the bios update to resolve this issue I get the wireless issue where I have to set the CD/DVD ROM as the first boot device inorder for the WI-Fi card to be turned on via Fn+F5. I think the main issue is the Bios does not seem to save after a shutdown and the boot order need to be changed.

Like I said the main problem appears to be the Bios not saving the boot order.

Community Moderator
yigit

there is bios.bak file in c:\bios folder. you can rename it ( to bios.wph ) and re-flash it but it's possible that you can burn your mainboard. ( even if you burn your main-board, warranty will cover replacement for free )

still, if you don't want to take any risks, you can call lenovo support line and ship your laptop back to service instead of waiting for the new bios update.

Punch Card
richardjones

You can drop any hope of this being fixed with a bios update bnathwani, lenovo engineers have took the easy (for them) way out and will not be offering a fix for this via an update.

You will have to send your laptop to them for repair.

I will let you read other posts on this forum with regards peoples experience with sending there machines back to lenovo engineering before you decide whether it's worth it or not.

Good luck.
Community Moderator
yigit

actually it's better idea to ship it back to service.

Punch Card
richardjones

Hi yigit,

What do you suggest i do with the 15 Z570's i have at work with the same issues.... Ship them ALL back to engineering ???

Fanfold Paper
TheProfosist

Yes, the problem in my V570 hasnt been resolved as well. Unless I change the boot order to CD first the WiFi card will not turn on. Also I cannot turn off the touchpad even with the proper touchpad and keyboard driver installed. In addition to that when ever i resume from hibernation it tells me it cant be done. I think that if Lenovo recommendes Windows 7 for their laptops it should work with any installation not just their specific install which i still havnt figure out why it works versus doing a clean install and using all the drivers that they provide. Also customer service is VERY rude and will not achknowledge that their is a significant flaw in this model of laptop. I have used and done clean installations on almost every brand of laptop and desktop. Some have even had the new UEFI BIOS and required a GPT partition and i havnt had any problems at all.

How much will it cost to service my brand new laptop? Also what will be done to it? I assume ill loose everything on the HDD.