Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
pete5900

Extremely Poor Quality of material used - IdeaPad Y530

[ Edited ]

I am writing this on the behalf of my father VM Sachdeva the owner of the Lenovo laptop model Y 530 serial no ABxxxxxxxx A/C NO 4292526. I had purchased this laptop as a Birthday present for him in Nov 2008.. Unfortunately this has turned into a nightmare for him. Within 3 months of receiving the laptop one of the keys came out and I personally took the laptop to your customer service center in Nehru Place when I was visiting him in India in Feb 2008.I was very surprised then that a brand new laptop would have such an issue.
After that within the warranty period the keyboard cover base hinges were broken & replaced at Delhi service centre .I was again amazed at the Quality of the product. More importantly I will selflessly vouch for my father that the took utmost care of the laptop as this is his source of bread and butter and he would never abuse the machine.
At that point I convinced him to cover his laptop under AMC. He recently filed a request for replacement with your local office ref no
270220553. He visited your service centre at Nehru place they inspected the lap top & assured him to replace broken spare parts along with CD drive part which was also found defective.
After three days he was summoned by service center to visit them again as they have wanted to take photo of broken parts and send to you. But now he has been told that this broken part does not cover under AMC.
This is a very humiliating experience for my father who is a respected Senior Citizen. He just got out of the hospital and I feel extremely bad that he has had to visit your center several times to get a product working that I bought for him. 
I would have been OK if such issues came up after 2-3 years of the purchase but like I have mentioned earlier in my email, this particular product has had issues from day 1. You are sending a very bad message wrt the Quality of your product and your commitment to customer service. 
I help several non-profit bodies here in the US with their IT needs and decide which computers to purchase. Our goal is to buy a cost effective product which will last for 5 years without any quality of issues. This experience with a personal purchase has definitely made me rethink my decision to buy from Lenovo - the world leader from Asia!
Please help my father in getting the hinges fixed at no cost to him. 

Moderator Note; s/n edited for member's own protection

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: Extremely Poor Quality of material used - IdeaPad Y530

hey pete5900

could you pm to me the following details :

Name:
Mobile:
Email:
MTM [machine type model]:

(To locate MTM -
http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/FindProductNumber.page#find)

S/N:
Date of Purchase:
Case/Order Number : (if any)

Description of issue :

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Ctrl-Alt-Del
pete5900

I am amazed at your customer service. You told me that some one would contact my father but no one has done that to date. I am tired of your non responsiveness and carelessness. I am also helpless as I can neither buy a new machine or throw away the piece of junk you sold me!

topmahof
Topics: 37
Kudos: 368
Solutions: 239

pete5900,

I'm sorry for your experiences that your having with your father's laptop, but please try to refrain from posting the same problem multiple times. It just makes it harder to determine which post to reply to.

Did you send Serge the pm?

Sometimes it takes awhile for requests to go through channels. I'll send a request for further assistance  for your problems, but please be patient, it sometimes takes a few days for responses.

Dave   

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Ctrl-Alt-Del
pete5900

yes i did. I was told that someone would be contacting him in 72 hours. its been over 2 weeks now. Please understand my position. it is very frustating. My father uses his laptop for daily business and cant carry it around of the house due to that issue. I would rather buy him a new laptop rather than spend money on getting the hinges fixed. i PM'd him few more times but no response. 

topmahof
Topics: 37
Kudos: 368
Solutions: 239

I do understand your position, really.  Keep in mind that this is a user to user forum, we're all volunteers here, including the Lenovo staff and employees.  The staff and employees are here on their own time and their presence here is unofficial.

It takes a little longer to get things escalated this way and it might take more than one try to make it right.  But, without the staff and employees helping out here, a problem such as yours might never be addressed.  

Just try to remember, you'll get better results with honey than with a spear, people tend to be more receptive and willing to help if you stay in the right frame of mind.  Especially so with the people who work on these machines and determine whether or not something is covered under warranty or not. 

I know you're upset, please try to bear with this a little while longer.

Dave 

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Retired Employee
Serge1410

hey pete5900,

since your last PM to me, i have already sent this over to the team in India and is now under their jurisdiction

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Ctrl-Alt-Del
pete5900

ok. Thanks for your response. I hope we get some resolution from the India Service centre.