Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
alvininho

Re: disappearing harddisk volume

thank you for your help so far, i mean it
but my notebook is windows 7, and i am just new bought,
i have faced the similar situations as you suggested in messages 92,
but it should be related to temp files

since i bought the same notebook with my friend, he face the same situation, is it there any situation similar to this? and what is the solution, thank you so much for your help so far
Community Moderator
yigit

Re: disappearing harddisk volume

you have to clean them manually.

try to perform clean windows installation. it may help.

http://www.ki-themes.com
What's DOS?
Dyna_UK

Ideapad Z570 - Huge C: Drive capacity but very low capacity in D Drive : How to move them??

Hi

I received a new Lenovo Z570 today & am amazed to find that my C drive has a size of 552 GB while D; has just 30GB.
Now, is there anyway I can move the vast amount of hard drive capacity from C: to D: or create a new partition without the need to reinstall Windows etc?

I might be asking a numb question but thought how, others who might have had a similar issue managed to sort it out?

This prevents the headache of saving the majority of stuff in C drive in case i have to reinstall or format at a later stage due to virus infection?

Thanks

Fanfold Paper
adriaanb

Re: Ideapad Z570 - Huge C: Drive capacity but very low capacity in D Drive : How to move them??

[ Edited ]

The D drive is always partitioned at 30GB on newer Lenovos (at least it is on my y570), it's more intended to be a restore file for just the operating system and important drivers. Besides, when backing up data it would probably be wiser to store it in a external drive, that way you can avoid situations where your drive gets physically damaged causing both partitions to be ruined at the same time, thus losing both your original and backup.

This having been said: if you go to Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management, you can click on the Disk Management button on the left hand menu, and use this to shrink your larger partition then extend your smaller one. At least I would assume, I've never tried it myself.

What's DOS?
Dyna_UK

Re: Ideapad Z570 - Huge C: Drive capacity but very low capacity in D Drive : How to move them??

Hi. Thanks for your reply.
The whole idea to get a larger size Hard drive integrated with the laptop is to back up data in the laptop itself,

I thought a smarter move would have been to give much wider storage space on secondary drives than on the main primary drive (C:smileyhappy:.  Is this been done deliberately as it looks very elimentary when they prepare the system on a large storage capacity  one.

I will try to use the other option but will it affect the OS as it is?

Thanks

Fanfold Paper
adriaanb

I'm not certain if it will affect your current installation, as I personally haven't used this utility for anything other than new hard drives.

Community Moderator
yigit

@ dyna_uk
please, see the previous posts first.
also, making changes on volumes will cause one key recover function stops.

http://www.ki-themes.com