Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
cioraneanuf
Accepted Solution

Fan z575?

Hello,

I have 2 thing that I don't know if are normal on my IdeaPad Z575GM with A6-3400m AMD 1.40GHz, 4GB, 500GB, AMD Radeon HD 6520, FreeDOS, Gray

The hole system is incredibly silent compared with other laptops I had, but there is some strange noise in the cooling fan when I shut down (when slowing down and stopping the fan) for 2 seconds and when I power on the laptop (when the fan starts) for about 1 second. This sounds like the fun is not properly centered.

Sincerely Cioraneanu Florin.

Retired Employee
NINE

Re: Fan z575?

hi cioraneanuf,

Just a quick check, may i know how long ago this issue that ur facing started? and how long have u had the machine? At times you might want to check the fan vents or just take a look at the fan to see if there may be an obstruction that could cause the issue. Should the prom gets worse I suggest you to contact the service department and confirm with them..

Do let me know how it goes.

Regards.

Nine

Fanfold Paper
cioraneanuf

it is brand new. I have it from last week (5 days). The sound that I described was always there it is like the fan would be in the air and when I shut douwn it landed :smileyhappy: or something   It is only hapening when I start the machine (1second) or shut  down (2 seconds) in rest it is incredebly silent.

Is it something to worry about or it would disepeer in time!!

Retired Employee
NINE

hi cioraneanuf, 

Based from what you've told me i'm not sure if i can classify this as a normal function. Let me disscuss your issues with the support teams and i'll get their input on this. Btw have you contacted Lenovo support? I would suggest you contact them too as they might have insights toward your issue.

Do let me know how it goes, and i'll update you on my finding as soon i can get an update.

Regards

Fanfold Paper
cioraneanuf

I have contacted the on the phone the Lenovo teeam from my country Romania :smileysad: and I was verry disappointed by their answer) . They didn't know what it was but if it fails it will be changed, This will happen in Polonia where the autorized service is from what they said.

This is a problem for me because I have a 30 day money back garanty, and I don't know what to do.

Should I exchange it with another one, now to avoid future problems?

I love my Lenovo, and I alredy have all my data on it.

Is there anyone with the same problem?

Tanks for your promt respons.

Sincerely,

Cioraneanu Florin

Community Moderator
Zehnsteine

Hi Cioraneanu,

right after start up and again just before shut down the fan of my Y560p will blow at high speed for 1-2 seconds

and makes a loud blowing noise,

the DVD drive also makes a brief rattling noise at start up to reset itself mechanically, this sounds are normal

and do not indicate a problem.

Is the sound you are worried about in addition to the noises that I mention?

Are you sure this noise is coming from the fan?

Zehn

Fanfold Paper
cioraneanuf

I am sure it cames from the fan, it is like the fan is landing, it is distinct sound , more intense then the normal fan on full rotation power(in dedustind mode for example) It hapenes right before the full power fan that you talked about on statrup. It only happens on startup for 1 sec then 1.5sec of full power fan then normal (the fan works fine if the sistem is on it respects the termal management protocol) and on shutdown after the full power fan the noise i mentioned last for 2 sec until the fan stops completly(like landing and the propeller hit on something).

I belive it to be a little bit out of focused or something!! 

Community Moderator
Zehnsteine

Cioraneanu...

please download  Lenovo IdeaPad Z575 Hardware Maintenance Manual... see page 36 ff

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/UserGuide/Guide_list.aspx?CategoryID=631596

first remove battery pack, next open the compartment cover after careful removing 7 screws with appropriate screwdriver

(does not void warranty)

then just have a hard look at the fan and check if something, maybe a wire or a sticker gone astray is hitting the fan blades

or something is protruding from the cover itself.

curious... Zehn

Fanfold Paper
cioraneanuf

I can't open it because of the warrany, I see no seal and I love lenovo for making acces to fan and other component verry easy but I 'm afraid not to enter in conflict with the people from the service.

For better description of the problem I have uploaded a video:    http://youtu.be/vsMXOPn3RQY

Sorry for the low audio/video quality.

Do you think the noise is normal?

Sincerily

Cioraneanu Florin

Community Moderator
Zehnsteine

Cioraneanu... well... I put my headphones on and listened many times to your YouTube clip...

this definitely sounds like the fan-blades are slightly hitting something at start up and shut down.:smileyfrustrated:

If you don't want to open it up and have a look yourself, then better try to return this machine and exchange it for another one!

Good Luck... Zehn