Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
azndiabolo
Accepted Solution

Faulty Screen/Frame?

[ Edited ]

I ordered a Lenovo y570 about a month ago and have been extremely impressed with its overall performance ever since I got it. However, there had always been a little bit of a clicking sound whenever I pressed against the top left corner of the screen/frame area and I didn't investigate until a few days ago. Upon further inspection, I realized that the upper left frame area was not snapped together flush like it was supposed to be, and this seems to be due to a screw on the inside not having been screwed in straight. The design makes it seem like the frame is supposed to be able to snap back in place, so I'm assuming the crooked screw inside is preventing it from doing so?

My question is this, should I contact Lenovo to try to ship it back in and have it fixed/replaced or take my chances with fixing it myself? I haven't yet contacted the support center because I heard discouraging things about Lenovo's customer support and I figured it couldn't hurt to get an initial opinion here first? I'm not sure how I would go about trying to fix it myself though, because it doesn't seem like the frame actually comes off nicely or anything so I don't really have much access to the screw on the inside. Thanks in advance for your help!

Pictures:

This is the problem corner. I couldn't get my camera to focus on the insides clearly enough to get a view of the screw, so you guys'll have to just trust me on that one :smileysad:

The other corner (looks perfect)

A wider view of the laptop.

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 81
Kudos: 264
Solutions: 136

Re: Faulty Screen/Frame?

Hi azndiabolo,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

Thank for your photos so we could know the issue better.

Since the warranty is still valid, I would suggest you to get it fixed by service centre. Fixing it yourself may put yourself at risk of having warranty void.

Remember to save a backup of your data before sending in for the repair for safety reason.

Hope this help.

Regards,
Cleo

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Fanfold Paper
azndiabolo

Thanks for the response Cleo!! I opened a case number with customer service so I'll be sending it in for repair soon! One question though: the customer service guy I talked to said something about getting a prepaid Fedex shipment to the depot, but he only sent me an inventory control sheet? I called again and the next guy I talked to assured me that I had to pay for the shipment of my laptop to the repair depot. If I could get a clear assurance as to whether or not I have to pay for the shipment of my laptop, that would be great. Thanks so much!

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 81
Kudos: 264
Solutions: 136

[ Edited ]

azndiabolo,

If you have a valid warranty, the base warranty should cover the shipping cost.

To double confirm that statement, I tried navigating to www.lenovo.com to customize a Y570 for purchase,  and found this description of the base warranty:

This is a warranty extension offering to provide a total warranty coverage period of 2 years.
Features and Benefits:

If you encounter an issue which requires repair a box will be provided to you for your system.
Lenovo will pay for shipping into our depot repair center as well as return shipping of your repaired system.
General
Model name 78Y1534
Description 2Yr Base Warranty Extension

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Cleo

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Fanfold Paper
azndiabolo

Thanks so much for the update! I remember seeing that now when I purchased the warranty! I'll contact customer support ASAP to see what they say about it. Thanks again! I'll update once I get results!