Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
HASSLEhoff
Accepted Solution

For gaming?

Can I have a rundown on gaming specs on the ultrabook?

Specifically graphics information?

Cheers

Joey

Lenovo Employee
schandra

Re: For gaming?

To answer your query , lets take a small example: let's consider Lenovo Ultrabook U310,and U410.

U310 comes in at 1.7kg (3.74 pounds) and 18mm (0.7 inches) thick.
14-incher U410 comes at at 1.9kg (4.18 pounds) and 21mm (0.83 inches) thick.
Both are available with Ivy Bridge processors up to Core i7, as much as 1TB of storage,
plus optional 32GB SSD cache drives and NVIDIA discrete graphics.

So, with these configurations in hand , you would know what you want to play :smileyhappy: .. Sounds good?

Lenovo Staff
Serene_Lenovo

[ Edited ]

Hi Joey

To add to the above info, the U410 comes with NVIDIA GeForce 610M 1GB graphics and has a 14" HD display, 16: 9 widescreen.

The U310 comes with INTEL GMA 3000 3D Graphics and it also has has a 13.3" HD display, 16: 9 widescreen,

For the full specs, please click on the links below for the U310 and U410 Ultrabooks.

U310

U410

Hope the above helped! 

serene

WW Social Media
T420, Yoga 13, Yoga Tab 8, K900
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español
Microsoft MVP
Marcham93

The two most important components in gaming are a powerful CPU and graphics card.

Luckily you can load Ultrabooks up with a fast Core i7 CPU.

On the graphics side the U310 has a Intel HD 3000 which is good for lower end games like Counter Strike, The Sims, World of Warcraft, etc.

The U410 has a slightly more powerful GPU and will give that extra boost you may want in games.

It should be noted though that these machines don't have the high power to handle games like Crysis, Assassins Creed, or Battlefield 3 on higher settings.

I currently have a U300s with the Intel HD 3000 card, so if you have any questions about specific games feel free to ask.

-Mike
-Michael Archambault
lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,201
Solutions: 1,276

Intel GMA 3000 (around in 2007) and HD 3000 graphics card are very different (around in 2011).

Intel HD 3000 is used in Sandy Bridge CPU, while Ivy Bridge CPU uses Intel 4000 graphics card (which is around 30 to 40% faster then the Intel HD 3000).
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Lenovo Staff
Serene_Lenovo

[ Edited ]

Hi Joey Check out this video intro of the U310/ 410!

Hope this helped!

serene

WW Social Media
T420, Yoga 13, Yoga Tab 8, K900
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español
What's DOS?
bob_dixon

Dear Lenovo forum, our son wants to play Minecraft and is asking for a "gaming laptop" .

We have  several P60's for general use  ... but he complains about "lag"  .  I am looking for a 

compromise and wish to stay with Lenovo.  Any suggestions ?  I believe a pre-requisite

is a graphic controller with dedicated graphics memory .  Is there something in between the 

P60 and the current new models ?  Thanks,  Bob.

Punch Card
nikolay1243

z580, y580, and y500 are the ideapad gaming machines...if you do decide to get one of these then make sure that you install windows 7 and remove 8 because 1 the drivers for windows 8 arent optimized and quite frankly win8 is for touch screens
Z580 with i5 and nvidia