Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
benjaminlibl

Graphical Deterioration on Y

Hi guys. Quick intro. I'm not computer savvy, at all, and I'm hoping to get a few answers for my problem.

I'm using a Y460. Not sure why, but my graphics have been getting worse and worse. It wasn't a problem before, when I had just bought it. The graphics are starting to look worse, laggier, for no apparent reason. I don't have much installed, maybe one or two games, a quick virus scan shows no sign of infection and I haven't tampered with the graphics card settings. Whenever I reinstall Windows it works perfectly. Then it happens again.

What's the problem?

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Graphical Deterioration on Y

What's DOS?
benjaminlibl

Hmmmm, I don't see any graphics card updates that are compatible. Do you mind guessing what the problem is? And would something like this be covered by warranty?

Community Moderator
yigit

we can try to help or you can contact lenovo support.

even if we help, if it's hardware issue, you need to ship your laptop back to lenovo anyway.

so, it's up to you.

http://www.ki-themes.com
SCSI Port
Meetloaf13

How old is your machine?  I've found that after a year or so, my old Dell required me to open it up and clean dust bunnies out of the heatsink/fan assemblies, and the GPU/CPU was much happier and things ran smoothly again.  I think it's easy with these ideapads to open it up and take a look...meaning, you don't have to take off the keyboard, remove LCD panel, unhook wireless card, remove keyboard tray, etc. I think it's as easy as removing a panel from the bottom.

| Lenovo Y560 06465BU | i7-740QM 1.73GHz | ATI HD 5730 1GB | 15.4" HD LED 1366x768 LGD229 | Intel Wi-Fi 1000 | Win 7 HP x64 | Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR | 3dMark06 8189 | BIOS v62
Token Ring
pepemosca

Can you explain what's the deterioration? What you see?
Can you post pictures? Video?

Thanks!