Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
amarlal78

HDMI not working in V570 in Win 7

Hello,

I have purchased a refurbished lenovo V570, everything seems to be working fine, but I cannot connect my laptop to tv through HDMI.

Everytime I connect, the tv shows black screen and No Signal. Can you please help me out. This is really frustrating.

Apart from that I've got HP Probook 4520 and the HDMI is working fine on it.

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: HDMI not working in V570 in Win 7

Hello Amarlal78 and welcome to community,

If you have Nvidia graphic card then you may try the following solution.

1. Click “Start” --> “Control Panel”.

2. Click “Appearance and Personalization” --> "NVDIA control panel”.

3. Click “Display” to unfold it --> "Set up multiple displays”. If HDMI external storage device is detected, there will be an external display equipment appearing on the icon. Click this HDMI device.

1.JPG

I hope this will resolve the issue.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

What's DOS?
amarlal78

Thank You Tanuj for your reply, but sorry to say I dont have Nvidia Graphics Card. Instead I have got Intel HD Graphics and Inter WiDi. 

Reply Pl

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Hello amarlal78,

If the display is not getting transfer on external device then it is hardware issue.

If the laptop is under warranty then you must contact the support center and get the case log.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

ode
What's DOS?
ode

Lol, no it's not a hardware issue first of all. After you plug in the hdmi cable while the other end is plugged into the tv, Go to your desktop and right click, then select TV, if you want audio then go to sound icon left click, go to volume mixer, play back devices and select tv speakers, if the option does not show then go back to properties after selecting tv and adjust it by selecting identify monitor. I have same model and issue just took some thinking and playing around
Blue Screen Again
Devontre

can you please be more specific because when i right click on desk top it does not have a TV Option ??

Token Ring
Kris237

[ Edited ]

try right click desktop / screen resolution / detect or choose the other one.  I am guessing as I just discovered that I gave away all my HDMI cables.  ebay here I come! (I had thought this was input only, but if you hit detect, it will show that there is a Intel 3000 connection available, just nothing detected on it (I assume, until you connect a cable!) )

EDIT: yes this works, though I found that either my cable or the Lenovo socket is a mite dirty as it was a bit "iffy", though solid when wiggled.  it overscans my 42LG5400 HDLEDTV slightly

EDIT2: using "just scan" on the LG easily corrects the overscan. (been a long time since I've done this!!!)

I was typing this using the LGTV, and forgot I was also doing a firmware update on the LG and when the update completed it nicely popped me back to the Lenovo, then after a few secs, back to the rebooted LG, without messing up what i was typing here!  LOL

EDIT3: I ran NWN2 OC and sound correctly came out the rear speakers on the LGTV, and the game played nicely.  Yay Lenovo and yay Intel HD 3000 / driver 2696.

fmichael3

First try this.  You will have different options for Graphics Properties when the HDMI is plugged into the PC and the TV, when you do the following.    I would try to right click on your desktop and click Graphic Options and Graphic Output, then click Clone Displays.  This will have to be put back to  Built-in-Display when you go back to working on your PC.   If you don't have a Clone Display Option you may have to download the updated drivers for you Display Adapter.

Before you update your Display Adapter, right click the desktop and click Graphic Properties, under Display click Multiple Displays  you should have the option under Operating mode for something other than Single Display,

Otherwise you have to download the updated driver software for your Display Card.  (Intel HD Graphics 3000).  You can update your Display Driver under Start, Right Click on Computer then click Properties. Now click Manage Devices on the left side of the screen. Click on Display adapters, then double click Intel (R) HD Graphics 3000 and click on the Driver tab, then on Update Driver, then click next. If you don't have the latest driver for you Display adapter the updates will be downloaded.   Once you update you driver you will need to go back to the desktop menu (by right clicking on the desktop) then go back into Graphic Properties and see if you have more options than Singe Display.  The settings should be as follows; Operating Mode = Clone Displays, Primary Display = Built-in Display and Secondary Display = Digital Television (your type of television).  

What's DOS?
merlynx

What I do to work around this is unload and reload the driver.  It is assumed that you have your HDMO cable plugged in to the HDMI port and the monitor that you are planning to use...and it's on and ready to go...:-)

Open the "Device Manager" - go to "Display Adapters -> Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000" and then right click the adapter, select "Disable" and confirm at the prompt.

The screen will go black and then load a default "safety mode"-ish driver with poor resolution, but still usable.

Then I re-enabled the "Inte(R) HD Graphics 3000" via the right click context menu and then the driver picks up my HDMI monitor is plugged in to the HDMI port.

It's a lame work-around,  If you're really clever, you could find out what .dll's are necessary to bump the driver offline and re-enable it by re-loading them and just do that in a .bat file.  I just don't have the time to write that and put in in the startup folder...:-)

Merlynx
((Forum posts)*Forums) Actual Acumen