Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
random68934

How to enable the bluetooth after disabling it.

I disabled the bluetooth because the light was annoying. But when i went back to device manager. The bluetooth tab is gone. Bluetooth no longer shows up in the control panel either. Does anyone know how to reenable bluetooth? Thanks

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: How to enable the bluetooth after disabling it.

switch the wireless adapter, press fn + f5 for wireless management windows, you'll be able to see bluetooth, click on/off button.

http://www.ki-themes.com
Blue Screen Again
random68934

It doesn't do anything when I press fn f5. THanks for the reply though. 

Blue Screen Again
random68934

Also why I turn that wireless switch on the front of the computer from left to right. Nothing happens. Before it used to show a computer icon. Maybe this is the problem. Do you happens to have any ideas? THanks

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 78
Kudos: 249
Solutions: 136

[ Edited ]

Hi random68934,

May i know your machine type and model? Maybe you want to try updating your touchpad driver, power management and bios too?

- Cleo

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español
Community Moderator
yigit

@ cleo
i think, it's y560p.

Blue Screen Again
random68934

Yes it is a Y560p. I don't see why I need to mess with the bios. I disable the bluetooth in device manager. When I go to start ---> cmd ---> SET DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1 ---> devmgmt.msc ---> view --->Show Hidden Devices. Then I can see the bluetooth 2.1 ebr thing. I could yesterday anyways. I did this again and now I can no longer see the bluetooth thing even after I follow those steps. I appreciate your replies. Do you guys have any ideas?

Blue Screen Again
random68934

O machine type is Windows 7 64 bit.

Blue Screen Again
random68934

I forgot to mention. The previos steps I listed, I found them here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/bluetooth-network-adapter-disapp... . Basically I followed them and it said to uninstall the bluetooth driver then to test it again so windows will "find new hardware." I unistalled it and thats when I could no longer find bluetooth even after following those steps. Before I could find bluetooth after typing in the commands in command prompt. So do you maybe know how I can reinstall the driver or test it so windows can go through the "found new hardware" process? Thanks.

Community Moderator
yigit

did you activate bluetooth before installing drivers?