Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
Prashant9919

How to overclock/underclock? Is it under warranty???

Hello,

I want to overclock and underclock my IdeaPad 460. While doing nomal work i want to decrease its temprature so that it remains relatively cool and while playing games i want to overclock it. I'll be using a cooling pad with oveclocking. How to do this??

Is Overclocking and Underclocking covered under warranty.

Also, How to use Intel Turbo Boost Technology with my Laptop?

Thanks

Current Using: LENOVO IDEAPAD Y460
Community Moderator
yigit

Re: How to overclock/underclock? Is it under warranty???

if you process overclock & underclock, lenovo warranty will be no longer valid. ( void warranty )

http://www.ki-themes.com
Serial Port
madseason

Re: How to overclock/underclock? Is it under warranty???

In my knowledge you are talking about power management, and it is done automaticaly on your computer. For example, while you run 3d game and you have you GPU active, fan will run and battery will drain very fast.

While you proceed with internet brovsing, or movies watching, you may disable GPU, and use embeded intel graphics accelerator.. but anyway, your procesor and GPU will use less power, and battery will last for much longer.

In addition you may set profiles in power management - you may set CPU usage as well - and use profiles while performing certain tasks.

For overclocking your GPU you may want to google it, as 'there' are many posts on topic specific forums.

=============================================================================================
y460, i7 640m, 8GB 1066 CL-7, 80GB SSD Intel 310 pci-e + 500GB HDD WD, ATI 5650m + eGPU GTX 560 Ti 2GB GDDR5