Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
betterwang

How to turn on bluetooth on ubuntu 08.10?

I have a Y530 running ubuntu 8.10, which seems not working with bluetooth. Anyone has similar problem?
Blue Screen Again
betterwang

Re: How to turn on bluetooth on ubuntu 08.10?

Ok, partially solved this myself.

I tried to boot back into windows, and enabled bluetooth, and then reboot to linux.

It is then enabled.

This seems to be a problem with some history.

Punch Card
neuro_pl

This is caused by the fact, that the bluetooth device is controlled by the Embedded Controller (EC). You can't controll BT's RF kill switch without it.

While Thinkpads have got support for their EC in the thinkpad-acpi module, no such module exists for the Ideapad line of Lenovo notebooks. Too bad Lenovo hasn't provided info/docs on the Ideapad EC, since I'm sure then someone would write the appropriate module.
Fanfold Paper
dyschemist

Does anyone know how to solve this problem from linux, because now I don't have windows on my laptoop?

Token Ring
sajinsj

[ Edited ]

Did you try the usual Fn+'some-key'...

Usually Fn+F6... (as in my laptop)

also there maybe another switch to enable Bluetooth/ Wifi in your laptop(i have one). Maybe you haven't toggled that. In my laptop, at its on positon, both Wifi and bluetooth will work, and i can toggle the state of blutooth device by using the Fn key combination now.

Maybe the other guy just switched on the Bluetooth this way in Windows, and then it worked in Linux too.. But the keys work fine in Ubuntu too....

And i'm now using Ubuntu 9.04... Bluetooth support has improved a lot in this version... If still the problem persists. Please try this version. This may fix your problem...

Hope this will help you..:smileyhappy:

Y410-160GB HDD,T5550,2GB RAM
Ubuntu 9.04 -Gnome, Win Vista(not used much) :smileyhappy: Ubuntu rocks...:smileywink:
-------------------------------------------------
Final Year BTech(CSE) Student
Blue Screen Again
darkbalder

I have the same problem but there is not support for complete idepad acpi in linux (actually, in my gentoo asus-acpi is loaded for acpi :smileyfrustrated:).

I find a very raw option to turn on bluetooth: Restore to default bios config :smileyfrustrated::smileyfrustrated: (I know, it is not a good option :/ )

I tried acpi_ibm from freebsd but it is only for thinkpad :smileyfrustrated:

I hope Lenovo make a solution!