Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
ssandesh

I NEED A REFUND!!!

[ Edited ]

I bought a Lenovo Y560 i7/8GB/500@7200/ATI 5730 on June 28 2010.

I have had lot of issues with it. Please see below,

Issue #1. Mouse becomes bigger on its own.

Tech Support response: Asked me to turn on Pointer Trails. This resulted in so much eye strain that I decided to live with the Big Mouse problem rather than spoil my eyes. I also did some research on my own and updated the ATI driver, Flashed the BIOS etc. No Use.

CASE#: Will post shortly 

Issue #2. Graphics Driver crashing resulting in BSOD (4 Times so Far). To the best of my knowledge the laptop does not have a switchable Graphics Card.

Tech Support Response: Uninstall and re-install the ATI Graphics driver. This apparent solution resulted in BSOD again. Called Tech Support again and this time was asked to Ship the Laptop for Depot Repair

Depot Repair #1: The Hard Disk was replaced

CASE#: WN242482

Issue #3: Within 6 hours of using the Laptop (after receiving it from repair) the Screen fickered multiple times and I got a message "Graphics Adapter crashed and had to be recovered"  

Tech Support Response: Ship Laptop for Depot repair

Shipping Process: Fedex Location listed on the RMA refused to ship it until I paid for the Box and Shipment. They refused to read the RMA. I called Tech Support again and was told that the Box would be sent to me this time. I put the unit in the box and sent it for repair

Depot Repair #2: They have finished repair and shipped out the Laptop. They only re-imaged the hard disk this time. reason: The OS was corrupted

CASE#: WN245603

Productivity: BIG ZERO

Financial Loss: $1200 because of the Ideapad and had to invest $1300 on a Back up Laptop. Total Damage $2500

Since its outside the 21 day Return Policy.

I spoke to the Lenovo Customer Care (Supervisor/Manager) and he said that the Warranty is for repair only and NO Refund. If this is the case then is Lenovo's expectation that I keep sending this defective laptop for repair again and again and.......

All I want is a refund and Lenovo will never ever hear from me again. Has anyone had any success getting a refund from Lenovo?

Kindly help!!!

SCSI Port
Dollmaker

Re: I NEED A REFUND!!!

[ Edited ]

Bought my 1st Y560 ... it was DOA never booted..

bought second one.. had ants dancing issue and bricked after bios update..

it have international warranty so sent for repair.. been 20 days.. and they says part (motherboard) is not available in my country... asking to wait .. no clear instructions from call center.. about whats goin on.. They keep me on wait for 15 min then hang up the phone.. like i dont even exist  :smileysad:  when asking for manager.. they say manager do not look in to such issues.... :smileysad:  not sure whom to contact or who can actually help :smileysad:

I sent mail to Mark (admin) 2 times so far but received no reply from him.. I have seen him helping people... i could just hope Mark would help me too....

Other then that its a waiting game..

Lenovo India: Case ID: 4270050591

Can You Help Mark? Thanks..

...........................................................................................................

Punch Card
ssandesh

I agree with you. It has a core DESIGN DEFECT which Lenovo needs to address. But I am exhausted with this product Mentally and Financially!!!

A Full Refund is the least they can do to mitigate this pain.

Punch Card
ssandesh

UPDATE:

Case#: WN245603

Laptop was dropped of today 08/30/2010.

Once again confirmed with Tech Support that only the Hard Drive was re-imaged. No drivers were updated and the Graphics card was not replaced.

Need 2 days to install all my Applications again. This will be the 3rd time that I will be doing this on the same Laptop.

Punch Card
Diamond

You'r not alone.

It's topic about group of problem which are you talking:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-B-and-Z-series/Widespread-Y560-Display-Problem/m-p/246542/hi...

All elements in notebook will pass trough all tests and you'll receive info that notebook not broken, so service center not help you with it. Only what you need it's wait and pray. In my country(Russia) i know that only way for me to change notebook or get refund it's - court. So it last what i'll try.

Punch Card
ssandesh

[ Edited ]

UPDATE:

Received the box yesterday. The box was so badly beaten up. Even footwear's are packaged and handled better. The box had been opened and closed multiple times and it was shredded in many places.

Another classic example of how much care Lenovo takes of their customers property. 

Found a note inside the Laptop which said "Customers problem confirms that OS is corrupted. Re-imaged the Hard Disk. System passed all tests"

WHAT WAS THAT AGAIN?????

I dont know what kind of tests these guy run but I dont have time to be TREATED LIKE A SPECIMEN FOR EXPERIMENTATION!!!! 

Turning on the Laptop and letting it sit in a place for a day or two is not called testing.

If this thing breaks down again then even I will have no choice but to go to the consumer/small claims court to get the refund.

Punch Card
ssandesh

[ Edited ]

Update:

Yesterday (8/31/2010) The "FLICKERING" phenomenon struck again!!!!!

This is time I was able to get a screen shot of the exact error message "Display Driver Stopped Responding and has recovered. Display driver ATI Radeon Family stopped responding and has successfully recovered"

I called Tech Support again and this time he said that AMD has released an updated driver for ATI (08/25/2010). He asked me to install it and I did so. He remoted into my computer and saw the screen shot of the error message.

I told him that if it comes to DEPOT REPAIR again then IT HAS TO BE A FULL REFUND. He agreed with me that replacing the Hard Disk and Re-imaging it was not the solution to the Graphics Card issue.

The only solution I see to this is a complete refund or a MEGA FIX to all these issues. But I DONT HAVE TIME TO SIT AND WAIT FOR THE NEVER COMING FIX!!!!!

Punch Card
ssandesh

Well guess what a new problem started appearing out of no where.

The screen brightness changes randomly even though I have created my own power management profile and chose "Never" for Dim the display option. 

Still the ding thing changes brightness as and when it wants.

Why dont you just give me a refund and I save my cellphone minutes!!!

Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

ssandesh,

We are opening a formal complaint for you and you should be contacted by a member of our customer relations team within the next day.

The Y560 graphic issues are much improved by applying the new BIOS and drivers from the support site, but sounds like you have had multiple engagements with service.  I'm sure that our customer relations team will be able to help you obtain a satisfactory resolution.

Dollmaker,

We did escalate your case - will check status.   However, please let us know here as well whether you believe you need additional help.

Best regards,

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Punch Card
ssandesh

Thanks for replying Mark. I really appreciate your efforts. 

I did apply all the patches and driver updates. Most of the issues were resolved but every month a new issue related to the Graphics/Display comes up for which I need to send the Laptop for Depot Repair. This only indicates to me that the Laptop is of POOR Build Quality!!! and it is not a software issue. Because if it was a software issue then there would be no need to send it in for Depot Repair!!!!!!!!! The Laptop either sits on my Desk at office or study table at home. So I am not using it in a rough manner. 

I contacted the Lenovo Customer Service on 9/18/2010 to raise a ticket with regards to the system changing the screen brightness on its own. I have configured my own Power management Profile under Power Options>Select a Power plan. I have set the settings NEVER to Dim the Display. But even then The Brightness Dims haphazardly.

I asked the Customer Service if this is because of ALS being active. But was informed that this issue is because of a "Loose LCD Panel Cable" and needs to be repaired in a Depot. 

So now I need to send it to the Depot for another 7 to 10 Business Days for repair. FOR THE 3RD TIME IN 3 MONTHS!!!

The pattern is frustrating because Consistently Every Month the laptop needs to go for repair. This has happened in July/August and now September and I only bought the Laptop on June 28!

The bottom line is that I dont have time to send it for repair and wait on it. Neither do a R&D on all these issues. I use this laptop to earn my living and I want a permanent solution asap! 

CASE# WN245603