Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Reiva
Accepted Solution

IdeaPad Lenovo Y570 screen suddenly stopped working (blackscreen, backlight on)

[ Edited ]

Hello guys, I bought my Lenovo Y570 almost 7 months ago, everything was working fantastically well (software and hardware) until last night.

I opened up my laptop, turned it on, and waited like a min or so, I heard Windows booting... But the screen simply wont show me anything, only a black screen. The backlight works, and if I press Fn + F2 the backlight will turn off and on. I've tried the taking off the battery and waiting 30 seconds trick but it doesn't work...

The laptop boots perfectly, and the rest of the hardware is in perfect condition (integrated keyboard, fan, usb ports, and so on), even my Windows Home Basic.

I live in Venezuela, so I apologize for my poor English since it's not my first language.

Thank you very much beforehand.

802.11n
velenoso666

Re: IdeaPad Lenovo Y570 screen suddenly stopped working (blackscreen, backlight on)

Have you tried connecting an external monitor, if you haven't already got one connected?

Paper Tape
Reiva

Re: IdeaPad Lenovo Y570 screen suddenly stopped working (blackscreen, backlight on)

Yah, im doing it rght now, the video is perfect connected to my external monitor (i can even see things in 1920 x 1080 and many other resolutions). I wrote this reply form my laptop.

Thanks for replying

802.11n
velenoso666

[ Edited ]

Seem like a problem with Led screen probably the inverter board, which is better than one with video graphic. You should take it to test the inverter board, before trying anything else.

Paper Tape
Reiva

Sadly, I can't *tinker* with my laptop because it would void my warranty, so I can't do the test. But after giving a thorough read to the article, it seems you hit the jackpot. I suppose all that's left for me is to use my warranty and get a new system... Thanks for your help and time

802.11n
velenoso666

No worries mate, at Lenovo we're here for each other, come back any time. :smileywink:

Retired Guru
Duck3

LED backlit panel does NOT have a inverter board.