Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
j_nolesfan

IdeaPad Y550 - Headphones not loud enough?

Has anyone had an issue with the headphones not being loud enough when viewing a DVD? I thought maybe it was the headphones but I tried another pair and it didn't help.  I know both of these headphones work well with other things and volume hasn't been an issue.  Then, I thought it might be Windows Media Player.  I installed a different player and it didn't help.  I've gone through the Dolby setup, the Windows Sound config for Realtek HD Audio, and the volume settings for both of the DVD player programs and jacked everything up to the max but it still isn't loud enough.  We were hoping to let one of our kids watch DVDs on a trip while in the car but the sound is so weak that we can't have a radio on or even a conversation without him complaining that he can't hear.  I know they make sound cancelling headphones but I don't think I should need them and I'm afraid the kids would break them.  I was hoping to find a driver or BIOS update that might fix the problem.  I'd love to hear if anyone has had the same issue and what was done to fix it.

Thanks,

Jeff

Paper Tape
gil419

Re: IdeaPad Y550 - Headphones not loud enough?

Yes I've had an issue with the headphones lacking volume. The external speakers are pretty good but the headphone out levels just plain suck. I like my music real loud and this is really my only objection concerning the IdeaPad y550. Have not seen a driver for this yet so please post here if you do.

Punch Card
reece

I've noticed the same on my Y550P.  It's not the perfect fix but it definitely helped to go into the Realtek Audio Manager and turn on the Waves Maxx Audio function.  It's kinda like a pre-amp.  Let me know if it works for you. :smileyhappy:

Community Moderator
yigit

try to use ffdshow codec and activate volume ( marked as red )

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/8766/14078253.jpg

but i suggest you not use this function always, it damages speakers.

due to my absence, i may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.ki-themes.com
Punch Card
Carcozep

I may have a Y530, but this is still Realtek HD Audio. So, the drivers are much better than the last version out! The sound on the 4.1 system i have on the laptop is a bit louder, and the sound is very clear. But when i put in some headphones, i am completely dead! Al the settings maxed out, and the sound is waaaaay low. It's lower than my low volume on my mp3 player, so i guess, this is a realtek driver issue....anyone found a way to fix it?

Community Moderator
yigit

[ Edited ]

you can try to update your drivers from realtek.com.tw with latest or previous version, if you think it's software issue.

Paper Tape

[ Edited ]

facing the same problem in y 550 4186 29 q modal

please tell me if you have fixed it

Moderator edit: Removed member's email address to prevent it from being scooped up by the spam crawlers. Please use the private Message (PM) feature instead. Click on the member's name>Send this user a private message.

Community Moderator
yigit

take a look at the article "audio  playback in windows media"

or try to use another media player.