Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
anyok6

IdeaPad Y550P - Issue Regarding Webcam

[ Edited ]

Hello all,

I have searched around the forum but could not find quite the solution I needed.

Here is my issue: My webcam doesn't work!

To start off, I tested my Power Management and it is working properly. Fn+Esc toggles the camera on and off. The light goes from on and off and Windows recognizes it as well.
I tried doing a complete system restore to factory settings, but that didn't help.

I also tried downloading and re-downloading the drivers. I tried a manual install, I tried letting windows find them, I tried in and out of safemode, enabling and disabling the device, but no luck. In device manager, with drivers installed, Windows sees the device and says it is working properly.

When I do try to use the webcame, using either skype, easy capture, or testwebcam .com it just shows up with a black screen. In Easy Capture, when I attempt to record a video, the LED comes on but start recording, let it go, and stop, and the program says 'Video Recording Failed.'

*I forgot to mention in original post, I also tried updating DirectX but that did not help either.

I am not sure what else could be the issue except for hardware failure.

I know it worked when I bought the laptop. I thought when I uninstalled VeriFace logon it may have stopped working but honestly I didnt attempt to use it for about 3 months after I removed VeriFace so I couldnt be certain. Either way, after a factory restore I would imagine if it was a software issue it would be resolved.

The only thing throwing me off is device manager saying "This device is working properly."

If anyone has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated!

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: IdeaPad Y550P - Issue Regarding Webcam

possible hardware issue, loose cable.
contact lenovo support line for replacement.

due to my absence, i may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.ki-themes.com