Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
jjake
Accepted Solution

IdeaPad Z570 Touch pad/Keyboard problems

I recently purchased this laptop and I want to use the laptop to play some games but I have found this hard as when you use the keyboard you can not use the touchpad. This makes it impossible to play games unless I buy a mouse which for the meanwhile is not possible so can anyone provide a solution other than buying a mouse. Thankyou

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: IdeaPad Z570 Touch pad/Keyboard problems

hi jjake.
we're facing the similar issue with b570, please, take a look at the thread below for suggestions before you ship it back to service.

http://forum.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-B-V-and-Z-series/Problem-with-TRACKPAD-on-B570/td-p/629843

you can download drivers/flash update from the link below:
http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/uk/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_list.aspx?CategoryID=307140

http://www.ki-themes.com
Blue Screen Again
jjake

I just got this laptop today and I really don't want to be sending it off allready I need it for my work and have been waiting for a laptop for a while. If this is a common problem already it should be fixed. Also I have found that if I hold 1 key and then hold a 2nd and let go of it i can move the touchpad. why?

Community Moderator
yigit

mouse pad could be affected. did you try the suggestions above?

http://www.ki-themes.com
Punch Card
ElectricHead

[ Edited ]

Just chipping in to say my Z570 exhibits the same behaviour, and I think I saw one other post on here about this too. Holding a key down seems to interrupt the trackpad, it'll resume tracking shortly after releasing the key. 

The other user reported that it was conflicting with the arrow keys which I thought was a bit of a pain but not the end of the world, until now I didn't check that it was other keys as well, which is actually a bit of a bummer.  

EDIT: As per the other thread, I tried uninstalling the driver from device manager and restarting. The problem has gone, but only because windows has decided to detect it as a "PS/2 Compatible Mouse" rather than a touchpad. It tracks without being interrupted by keys, but touchpad specific functionality is gone.

EDIT 2: So I checked on Ubuntu 11.10 live session, weirdly something similar happens there but not as extreme (occasionally pressing a key will interrupt the tracking for around the same duration, but it will release it). So then I realised.... 

....disable touchpad whilst typing was checked. Similar option in settings on default driver? :smileywink: 

Punch Card
ElectricHead

[ Edited ]

Ok, for the Z570 at least it seems to be the palm check function - it's a bit clumsy. If you go into Pointing Device Properties, go to the Device Settings, highlight the touchpad entry, go into Settings > Pointing > Sensitivity > PalmCheck and adjust the slider. If you move it all the way to minimum it seems to deactivate it, moving it to the right increases the speed at which it locks the tracking. 

I can see it being handy whilst working as I keep brushing my touchpad, but it's utterly useless if you're masochistic enough to use the touchpad in a game or similar. A handy shortcut or settings profiles would be nice.

Incidentally, after I let Windows re-detect and install as a standard PS/2 Mouse (?!) I just went to D: and found the Synaptics driver in the drivers folder, I assume this is the default driver (v7.5) and therefore the same as the others who are having problems.

Blue Screen Again
jjake

Thanks, I was so close to doing this but thanks, It has worked a charm! I can see the usefulness in it as well and will probably turn the palm check on when typeing for work ect. Thanks once again

Paper Tape
Thukydides87

problem with Touchpad - Z 570

Hi all,

I hav a serious problem with my brand new (5 days) Z 570's touchpad from Synaptics. Some time after the start of the computer, approximately half an hour, it doesn't move any longer. At first it moves with some minor interruptions, then with longer ones. Now it stands totally still and doesn't move at all. I installed the newest driver from Synaptics and also the one from the Lenovo Website, but still - the problem is there. It's the newest driver. I also did One key recovery and restored the initial configuration - didn't change anything.

Can anyone please help? Otherwise I will have to change it.

I have Win 7 64-bit.

Thanks all!

Fanfold Paper
sajad2000uk

Re: problem with Touchpad - Z 570

i have the exact same laptop,

i have had the 1 second delay that i managed to turn off, to turn off the delay  Right click on the Synaptic Pointing Devices that is near the clock in the start bar.

Properties

Device Settings - Settings

then go to Pointing and expand the menu, Expand the Sensitivity menu, select PalmCheck and move the slider for it all the way to minimum and apply, the problem should be gone.

the other problem of the touchpad being unresponsive is strange.  have you tried pressing the FN key and F6, which is the function to turn on and off the touchpad. (there is a light on the front of the laptop that will tell you if the touchpad is disabled or on)

Paper Tape
Thukydides87

Re: problem with Touchpad - Z 570

Thank's for your response ! Every time I start the computer, all is working quite well (like right now).But then, progressively, the touchpad becomes more and more unresponsive, till total blackout.

I tried the Fn-F6 combination already. In fact, the touchpad is on, when it doesn't want any more. But thank's for the advice for Palm check, I changed it. Now it's seems to be quite fluid, have to see how it will work out the rest of the day.

Did anyone else experience this problem?