Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
Ceraph

Re: Ideapad U & Y Series Shipping Discussion (2010)

[ Edited ]

Hi, I ordered a Y460 on the 9th August and had some problems processing the order originally.  They were (I thought) sorted out, and I had an estimated ship date of the 19th August.

However, the other day the order status page no longer dispalyed  a ship date and came up with:

If no ship date is given above, there may be an issue with your order. If you would like more information on the status, please call 866-426-0013.

I called, but they couldn't give me a delivery date.  I should add that the times I've tried to call back, the customer service line is unavailble due to 'unforseen circumstances'.  :smileysad: 

This is a real problem as I will be out of the country from the 27th August and really need the laptop before then.

Is anyone else experiencing shipping delays?

Punch Card
vanessa

Hi Ceraph,

Please send me a PM with your Order # and I'll se what I can do from this end.

Vanessa

Blue Screen Again
Ceraph

Hi Vanessa, I don't know if you got my order number PM, or were able to do anything, but the order has apparantly shipped today.  No tracking no. as yet, but fingers crossed I'll have it Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks,

Ian

Paper Tape
halcyon

[ Edited ]

Alright I just had the most absurd customer experience ever following a purchase I tried to make through the Lenovo website.

I ordered a Y460 online on August 14.

It indicated an estimated shipping day of today, August 23. This already seemed pretty bad. A pre-built product takes 9 days for an order to be processed and shipped? Seems like horrible warehouse management / distribution channels / order processing. But I was alright waiting.

So I called in today (when it was supposed to ship out) wanting to inquire about a tracking number for my order.

After waiting on the phone for >30 minutes, I was routed to the Lenovo call center, presumably in India.

The first representative I talked to told me that despite what I say online, my order was actually not going to be shipped until August 30, and that what I saw online was wrong. However, he could not tell me why, could not give me any information about my status, could not check anything else in the sales database for me, could not explain the discrepancy in estimated shipping date, could not tell me why the estimated shipping date for a pre-built unit was wrong, and could not explain why my credit card was already charged for an order that had not even been fully processed and shipped. He also refused to route me to his manager.

I hung up and called again.

The second representative gave me a completely different story. He told me that the product was indeed supposed to ship today, but had encountered "unknown errors at the manufacturer" which he could not elaborate on. After asking all my previous questions (listed above) and still not having them explained, the representative suddenly said "there is a problem with the processors". This seemed like a blatant lie, given that he had just ten minutes earlier, gone on and on about how he had no information whatsoever about the manufacturing process. I asked to speak to his manager, who he said was "unavailable and a very busy man", I asked for the manager's phone number, which he could not provide. Finally, I asked to be redirected to his supervisor who was apparently also busy. However, I was eventually assured that the supervisor would call me back "within 15 minutes." Still waiting on that, but I have a feeling there isn't going to be a call back.

So far this has been a ridiculous experience as a customer and one that I have never experienced when ordering products from other major computer manufactuerers (e.g., Dell, HP). I am planning on cancelling my order tomorrow if it is still not resolved as my experiences as a customer so far have been downright terrible.

How can the call center dedicated to order status and support not have any information regarding the manufacturer of the product or the status of the product? Does anyone actually know what is going on...

How do call center representatives give you two completely different and contradicting answers regarding the status of your product? Are they just making things up?

How can there be no managers or supervisors present to speak to?

Paper Tape
Nexus7

Hey all,

Any info when a red U460 will be available?

Punch Card
vanessa

Hi halcyon,

Wow. I'm sorry to hear of your experience with our customer service.

I will take your feedback to the right folks for review.

Could you please send me a PM with your order #? I will see if there is anything I can do from this end.

Thanks,

Vanessa

What's DOS?
Sach_merlin

Hi,

I ordered Lenovo Y series on Sept 4th, as on today I have no shipping information for it. It says Shipped on Sept 08th. I checked the UPS site and it says "Delivered" :-o. I am Shocked.

Please help me.

Punch Card
vanessa

Hi Sach_merlin,

hmmmm

Please send me your order # in a PM and I will check into things on this end.

Vanessa

What's DOS?
jh1234

Im sorry I did not run into this forum before i made my order this past weekend. I ordered 2 day shipping not realizing that fulfillment has nothing to do with shipping. No one at the company or in any customer service position or management position within their customer service seems to give a care about their customers. Now I am scheduled to go on a trip for 2 weeks starting in a few days, but without the laptop I am in need of.

Instead of giving customers the run around, let me cancel my dang order and I will leave you alone. I can assure you that this is the last time I will ever work with lenovo for anything. I would rather go buy junk computers from walmart, office max, staples, etc. than deal with lenovo again.

Serial Port
AdrianK

Re: IdeaPad Shipping / Order discussion

Ordered y560, i7,8gb on 4 Oct. Rec'd on 8th. I had free shipping - not free 3 day. I didn't get a $50 coupon....