Support in other languages: 
KalvinKlein

Ideapad U & Y Series Shipping Discussion (2010)

All,

Post your shipping and order management experiences here:

Here are some common points of frequent discussion:

Avoid Credit Holds - ensure that BOTH your bill to and ship to addresses are listed with your CC bank before ordering
Lenovo will NOT bill your card until order ships - an authorization charge hold to check for available balance may show up when order is first placed.
Estimated ship dates are based on default lead time and can vary from what was displayed on website.
In the US and Canada, Lenovo utilizes UPS for new product shipments
Orders may ship before the Estimated Ship Date
Orders may enter through Alaska and pass through Louisville, KY before traveling on to final address
Cancellation requests may take up to 2 days to process
Requests to change configuration or other aspects of the order may require the order to be rebooked.
Lenovo does not accept payment via international credit cards, except AMEX.

Prior shipping discussions for IdeaPad Y & U series notebooks can be viewed on this -->thread<---.

regards

setiyeti

Re: IdeaPad Shipping / Order discussion

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I recently bought the Y450-41896H and the two year manufacturing and accidental warranty from lenovo.  

The purchase was on December 27 and the shipping should have been January 4.  Today, my shipping date was delayed to January 11!

I am very disappointed in lenovo because I am in urgent need of this laptop because my college starts on Monday and I really need it for my work.  My system should have been extremely easy to ship out since I did not change any specifications.  The system should have been preconfigured already and be sitting in the factory.  What was there to process? It should have been a 2-3 day processing and automatic shipping!  

Can I do anything to speed up the process?  Is there any way for the laptop to arrive by the end of the week?  Otherwise, I might need to cancel and order from another company.  

Paper Tape
setiyeti

[ Edited ]

update: I canceled and am probably going to get an Asus or Sony.  The shipping date got moved to January 29th. The factory doesn't even have any inventory.  So that means the lenovo support I called on December 28 was lying to me when she said that the laptop was in stock in the factory.  I am mad that I did not ask her name or reference number because I trusted that customer support would have some common decency.

Paper Tape
rossdupre

[ Edited ]

I ordered a Y550 3 weeks ago and my order is still "submitted"... I am considering canceling the order if there it doesn't get processed and shipped soon...

Punch Card
ooter37

[ Edited ]

Cancel and order this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834146613

$1000 for a nice Y550 (free 3 day shipping). I just bought it and it took them 3 days to ship, so I complained, and they gave me a $50 gift card for the delay. 

Paper Tape
lenovodogabc

I ordered my ideapad on 11/20/09 as a Christmas present.

The ship date has been put out every week since then the lastest estimate 1/26/10!!!!!

That is entirely unacceptable and why was my order even taken.  What year should we wait til?

Other than a cancel what choices do I have.  I called and was told my order would be put on the critical list!  Do they think leaving customers at there door for two months is not critical?

This will hurt Lenovo..............

Paper Tape
lenovodogabc

I canceled my order. Don't know if I will ever look at Lenovo's again.

The funny thing is I can order a similar Y550 machine on New Egg and get delivery in two days.

It takes two days for my order to be canceled and then updated.....Wow what a bummer of a company.

Fanfold Paper
asadzia

[ Edited ]

I ordered the lenovo u450p 3 weeks ago with hopes of receiving it within 2 weeks.  it has been 3 weeks now and everytime I call in for order status I find out that the shipping is delayed yet again by 3 days.  So now the shipping date has changed from 15th originally to 27th of january. This is absolutely rediculous because this issue is evident in 5 year old posts made by other consumers and still has not been looked after.  Also I have to keep calling in to chek for order status as my email was apparently was entered wrong by the lenovo rep. which is not on file anymore and all my status updates are going to the wrong email. 

I had heard positive reviews of lenovo and therefore went for it over dell but I guess its not true. I have already crossed of HP and Toshiba off of my list of computer companies to purchase from and now lenovo seems like its next. Is anyone else experiencing similar issues

Paper Tape
rossdupre

[ Edited ]

I ordered a Y550 from the lenovo website before Christmas (Dec 20) and waited.  For over 3 weeks my order status was still only "submitted".  I called them and they gave me a shipping date of no later than Jan 18.   A day later I got an email saying it will ship no later than Jan 14th.  Today I got an email (Jan 18) saying that shipping is delayed until Feb 15???  WTF  So I called to confirm that the estimated shipping date was accurate and after about an hour of being on hold I finally got through.  So after getting no apology for the delay and no excuse, I cancelled my order.  I will go buy a different computer from one of their competitors.  DO NOT BUY FROM LENOVO UNLESS YOU WANT TO WAIT OVER 2 MONTHS TO GET YOUR COMPUTER 

Punch Card
MikeLeclaire

[ Edited ]

I ordered a Y450 on December 30th. Website said ships within 7 business days. I'm still waiting for it to be shipped. I called because I had to have my shipping address changed because it is taking so long and they told me that it should be shipped sometime this week. I really hope it is, I'm into my 2nd week of this semester and I could really use it right now.