Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
KalvinKlein

Ideapad U & Y Series Shipping Discussion (2011).

All,

Post your shipping and order management experiences here:

Here are some common points of frequent discussion:

Avoid Credit Holds - ensure that BOTH your bill to and ship to addresses are listed with your CC bank before ordering
Lenovo will NOT bill your card until order ships - an authorization charge hold to check for available balance may show up when order is first placed.
Estimated ship dates are based on default lead time and can vary from what was displayed on website.
In the US and Canada, Lenovo utilizes UPS for new product shipments
Orders may ship before the Estimated Ship Date
Orders may enter through Alaska and pass through Louisville, KY before traveling on to final address
Cancellation requests may take up to 2 days to process
Requests to change configuration or other aspects of the order may require the order to be rebooked.
Lenovo does not accept payment via international credit cards, except AMEX.

Prior shipping discussions for IdeaPad Y & U series notebooks can be viewed on this -->thread<---.

regards

wmh408

Re: Ideapad U & Y Series Shipping Discussion (2010)

Have anyone ordered a Y560 recently and got it?

I ordered mine on Jan 2nd, and the estimated shipping date was marked as Jan 12, it makes sense taking 10 days to ship at such time. However, when I checked again this morning, the estimated shipping date changed to Jan 19.

I called the customer service to check, and the guy told me he would call back with more information. I haven't heard from them since.

Just wondering if anyone knows what usually happened in such situation, and how long it could take to actually ship it?

Thanks alot.

Fanfold Paper
ducatisteve

Re: Ideapad U & Y Series Shipping Discussion (2011).

[ Edited ]

I ordered my Y460P on Jan 19 and the estimated ship date is Jan 26. I did not make any changes to the default configuration. I'll make updates to this post as I get them!

Update: My order shipped today (Jan 20) a full 6 days early (and only one day after my order).  I should have tracking information by tomorrow.

Update: Received a tracking number for UPS today (Jan 21).  It shipped out of the North Carolina fulfillment center and will arrive on Monday.  One interesting thing, the computer itself weighs almost 5 pounds, but the shipment shows a package weight of 3.7 pounds....

Update: Received the computer today (Jan 24) right on schedule.  Everything works great.  Waiting on my SSD from Newegg (I learned my lesson with Eggsaver shipping!).

Ctrl-Alt-Del
The_Optimyst

I ordered my IdeaPad Y560p Laptop - 439727U - Black (with Rapid Drive and 1.3MP Camera) on Jan 31 2011 and the estimated ship date is Feb 21. I added the in home 3yr plan and some external components.  There were no options to really change the guts to the default configuration. I'll make updates to this post as I get them!

W520 | i7-2720QM | 8 GB PC3-10600 | NVIDIA Quadro 1000M | 500 GB HDD
Ctrl-Alt-Del
The_Optimyst

Well, that was anticlimactic. Everybody loves a Sandy bridge recall!-(
W520 | i7-2720QM | 8 GB PC3-10600 | NVIDIA Quadro 1000M | 500 GB HDD
Punch Card
lenovosucks2011

I got a y560P. apparently I got it just before the freeze by intel. right now I have the issue that windows is giving me hard disk errors, and when I go to install a new hard drive, the recovery disk can't use the hard drive. you should all be glad you don't have one of these aweful computers. save your money, and get a dell xps, or alienware. this is my 2nd y560, the previous one went through 2 motherboards to try to get it stable before they replaced it with the y560P. now this. one lenovo tech says the computer has sandy bridge. intel, another tech, and a lot of research tells me it doesn't (only laptops with 4 SATA spots have it). unless these have a 4th hidden somewhere.

Punch Card
csp0811

All y560p laptops have Sandy Bridge, though whether your hard disk errors are caused by the engineering failure that warrants the recall I cannot say for sure. You can do an informal test by putting the drive in another computer or an external enclosure, and seeing if you can access the files. If you can, without errors, then the cause is most likely the faulty controller. Unfortunately, if you want your motherboard replaced, you will have to wait until late February at the earliest. Since the support staff are just now ironing out the details of the recall, it isn't likely that the local support tech will know much about what you will ask.

You know the drill with support from a foreign company- speak slowly, clearly, and be prepared to repeat yourself many times. If you have critical assignments to do now, and you need a computer now, I would just try and get a full refund if you still can and buy a laptop at a local retailer. If you have time, you can:

A. Wait for the recall and get the motherboard replaced.

B. Get the laptop replaced with another y560p that hopefully has functioning controllers (only a small proportion will fail initially; it will take a while for the rest to fail).

C. Get another Lenovo laptop that has no major issues. Thinkpad is really good in my opinion, though Macbooks are better in terms of reliability. Dell is comparable.

Though I have suspicions that it is not due to the controllers- Only the 3gbps ports are affected, and I believe the HDD is connected to the 6gbps port, and the Optical drive is connected to the 3gpbs port.

Punch Card
lenovosucks2011

thinkpads don't have the power I need, graphically.

my current ideapad is pretty useless, as was the y560D before it, so I honestly will never buy another lenovo, nor will I suggest them to friends. the y560D was as stable as an upside down pyramid (perpetual bsod), and the y560P doesn't believe in SATA

I'm going on 2 months without a working windows computer. this is conveniently as long as I've owned a lenovo. now I'm looking at another month to wait to get a working motherboard because of intel's screw up,

I know sandy bridge is not for the hdd on this computer, however, 3 hard drives repeating the same behavior in the same computer tells me it's the SATA controller, meaning I will need a new motherboard.

I bought my computer for $800 on black friday, but even for that little, this crap is unbearable. however, I cannot replace this computer with anything close to comparable for that little money. so I have a bit of a quandry.

if anyone knows of a workaround for the issue causing windows not to install on a brand new hdd, and giving hard drive failure warnings in windows, please let me know so I can hopefully avoid sending this POS in to lenovo until they have a proper motherboard.

Fanfold Paper
dkarag01

Hello,

Where do orders ship from? I've just gotten confirmation that my laptop has been shipped (Y560) but the tracking info doesn't go up until tomorrow apparently. Do they ship from China, or from within the US? 

Punch Card
Topjack

dkarag01,
In my case I ordered from Lenovo sight and about 12 days later my Laptop came by way of China. Not sure this is how its worked for others. Hope info helps.