Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
sle3pingz

Re: Ideapad U & Y Series Shipping Discussion (2011).

i already buy Lenovo Y570 , but at 1st day buy already have problem, now headache don't know what should i do...

What's DOS?
vsylvestre

[ Edited ]

I am a little frustrated at this point.... There is no way to find out where my IdeaPads (2 y570) are.  The # they give for tracking are not even working, ups doesn't recognize it.

I placed an order on june 20th, send a cheque that they cashed in on the 29th....  estimated ship date 28/06 on the 4/07 they rejected my order I had to call back and they reinstate it with estimated shipping of 04/08...  Then on the 07/11 it says shipped!!!!!  I'd love know where they are.  It's my 3rd experience with Lenovo and certainly the most difficult one!

Blue Screen Again
ryank217

Hello,

It seems I'm also having trouble figuring out the status of my laptop.

Originally, it said it would ship on 6/28/2011. Now that date has been changed to 8/8/2011.

The problem is, I'm in college and I'm moving to a different dorm, so if it does not ship out today, I need to have the address on the order changed.

I called support and they said it would ship by the end of today, but I don't share that optimism, especially since the estimated ship date is 8/8/2011, and my CC still hasn't been charged. I even ordered 2-3 day shipping so it would get here before 8/4, the day I move out.

Can the forum admin please figure out what is going on? Thanks

Blue Screen Again
ryank217

[ Edited ]

If you think you will ever have to deal with customer support in any way, stay away.

I placed an order for my laptop on 7/17, with express shipping, so I can receive it before I move out of my current apartment. (In college at the moment). However, the estimated shipping date changed, so the laptop arrived after I moved out. This was despite the fact that I called customer service and they told me it would ship on the original estimated date DESPITE my tracking information showing otherwise

I call the week after and guess what they tell me. It's going to ship on the new estimated ship date that I knew from the week before, yet they somehow didn't know.

Whatever, already happened, so the next thing is to change the shipping address.

I went on to live chat and the rep there told me that once the package is in the US, I should be able to change the delivery address. Somehow, I was doubtful, so I called customer service couple days later when the package was in my area to have them change the shipping address. They told me it would take 2 business days.

Well, because UPS has already tried to deliver it once at this point in time, in 2 business days, UPS will no longer be attempting to deliver that package (that would have been 3 attempts).Why the hell does it take 2 business days to change the delivery address? I've done this before with other companies. It happens within the hour.

Anyways, not believing these clowns and the 2 business days, I called myself to change it, only to find out I need the info notice number on my door. Great, I'm no longer at the address, so I send someone over to take a photo of the yellow slip and send it to me.

The last slap in the face? When I called UPS with the info notice number and they tell me that the SHIPPER has made it so that the receiever CAN NOT CHANGE THE SHIPPING ADDRESS. Wow.This was after the chat rep previously telling me that they have done address changes before and that the receiver can change the shipping address.

Basically the bottom line is this. The idiots at customer service have no idea what the F*** they are talking about. There is absolutely no excuse for the experience I went through. So if you think you need to go through customer service, for whatever reason, avoid Lenovo like the plague.

*One other thing. They have no email support. I received an email when I sent in the order, with the email of a rep that can assist me. That address does not even exist. I called a customer service rep and asker for his email, so I can have something in writing. The email address I received from him, also DOES NOT EXIST. Yea, if there was ever a shady business this would be it.

Moderator Note: Edited subject to match content. Merged from thread: Estimated shipping date changed?

Paper Tape
zeheng

I am living in Canada; I ordered a Y570 from Lenovo.ca on Aug 17th, made the payment on Aug 19th; but right now, my order status is still "processing"......, It has been already 9 business day since I made the payment.  any help?explanation?

My order number: 4240255900

What's DOS?
yklee

[ Edited ]

I ordered a lenovo laptop Z470 online

it said its estimated shipment date was 9/13. 

As I needed it for class in my college, i changed my shipping method to 2-3 bussiness days, paying extra $25.

I confirmed with the representative who changed my shipping method that the laptop would arrive in 2-3 days.

But it still hasn't come, even though it has been 4 days since I ordered. 

I called lenovo, and now they are saying it is 2-3 days once they send the product to UPS.

If i cancel the $25 shipping method, the shipping date will now be delayed by an extra week.

Then, what's the point of fast shipping method?

Whether I chose it or not, the laptop would still come on the same day.

I am very disappointed at lenovo and all my affection for this company (I have used lenovo during my highschool years)

had been brutally destroyed.

one thing for sure, from now on, I won't buy any of lenovo product after this order.

It totally ruined its credibility

Moderator note; subject edited

Serial Port
shortyg83

Anyone from lenovo gonna respond to any of these issues?

Broadband 3G
indest

They never do... and if they do, they as for your info (to make it appear that they will help you) and they never make anything out of it.
Serial Port
shortyg83

Yklee 2-3 ship days is the time it takes to get to you once it ships. Not them speeding up the over all process. I mean thats common sense.
Paper Tape
Nakano2k1

Wow...

Shipping on my order from China took almost a week and then ends up going to Lenovo Canada to be processed and then shipped again!?

Rediculous...

As if the pre-ship time wasn't bad enough? This "deal" just keeps on getting worse and worse. Anybody else having this experience?