Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
derekcentrico

Re: Ideapad U & Y Series Shipping Discussion (2011).

I had disappointing chats as well. I'm not at the point of cancellation, but I will be if it extends into February. I budgeted just enough money to buy this thing. I'll start saving more to buy another brand should this continue.

On the plus side, I bought my wife's laptop from Lenovo in December. It was a Y460 and is awesome.
Paper Tape
corbarch

I'm having the same problems: placed order on 1/5 with estimated ship date of 1/13, then on the 13th, extended to the 19th, and now extended to the 25th.  Seems pretty clear Lenovo can't deliver.  When I called last week, I got repeated assurances from the sales staff that it would ship by the 19th.  So much for that.  I'm about ready to cancel because I really did need this for work last week. 

Paper Tape
dforge715

I cancelled my original order for a Y470 a few minutes ago. Finally got an explanation that it was the 7200 rpm HDD from Thailand causing delays. Called USA customer center, renewed my order for same laptop but with 5400 rpm HDD, ships in 6 days. The USA customer center extended the super price I had previously been given. I have learned to avoid the off shore call center at all costs, it was a PAINFUL experience!!

What's DOS?
Vinny

Re: Ideapad U & Y & Z Series Shipping Discussion (2012)

I ordered a y570 on 1/9/12 and received it on 1/19/12. I did not have any issues. This is the second Lenovo I have purchased in the last 6 months. I have and do own Dell and Acer and have been impressed with Lenovo.

Paper Tape
MaverickR2009

Okay, so I contacted the CS again, this time via the phone. I spoke with the gentleman about cancellation of my order. He stated the same "promise" that it would ship the week of the 18th. After reiterating my cancelling of the order about three times, he relented and in a last ditch effort offered me another $80 compensation, which I turned down.

He stated the return would take about 3-5 business days, and is not guaranteed. It is okay if it isn't guaranteed, because I can always file a claim with my credit card company in regards to the purchase.

Anyway, I believe my order to be canceled. Goodluck to others with their issues, I can't give my money to a company that lies to me to keep me as a customer. Dell XPS 15 here I come!

Paper Tape
MaverickR2009

Did you order yours' with the 7200 or 5400 RPM HDD?
Paper Tape
comp-student

Well I'm still here... I was also put on the "priority" list and when offered the 35$ gift card I asked for express shipping and CS agreed.  Still my original order was placed on 12/29/11 and CS told me it would ship on 02/03/12.  Another thing is that lenovoorders.com still says that my estimated shipping is 04/12/12 so is there anyone else having problems with that?  I knew for the price/specs this was too good to be true I'll be calling on Monday to check the status and most likely cancel the order.

Paper Tape
corbarch

[ Edited ]

I had the exact same conversation yesterday: CS offered me $80 and "priority shipment."  They also told me that it takes 3-5 days to cancel the order.  I ordered the 500 GB 7200 RPM HDD.  Perhaps this is the issue.  They would not tell me.

Has anyone here ordered a 5400 RPM and received the computer?

Paper Tape
dforge715

I changed my order to substitute the 5400 for the 7200. I'll know more Monday, but the CS rep was confident the ship date would be met. Shipping sched for 1/26/12. The 5400 rpm models are (for the time being) in pretty good supply as I understand it.

Paper Tape
dforge715

I got my shipment notification today, delivery on Thursday. This was ahead of schedule thet gave me on the order.WTG Lenovo!