Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
derekcentrico

Re: Ideapad U & Y & Z Series Shipping Discussion (2012)

[ Edited ]

In three hours it pushed back to Feb 24th from my last post, Jan 27th.  Son of a bitch.

Paper Tape
BlackandBlue

Placed my order on Jan 17th for a Y470.  My ship date WAS scheduled for 1/23, but that day came and went.  I checked today and my new ship date is 5/2.  I called and talked to customer service, who informed me the delay was from the 750GB drive.  They said to check back at the end of the week, as the ship date should update properly by then.  Depending on the "new" date, I may just cancel the order.  Looking over the internet, horrible customer service doesn't seem like it's something new for Lenovo.....

Paper Tape
MaverickR2009

I cancelled my order, although it is still listed. Never received any sort of information in regards to the order actually being cancelled, but I figured I will never get my laptop.

In the mean time I picked up an HP Dv6170 for $700, definitely a way better deal and it already shipped!
Paper Tape
yada22

hey everyone, i was going through the same nightmare as every one else. ordered 1/3, had a shipdate of 1/6 to 4/24 to 1/30 to 2/24.... uggg

i ended up placing another order but this time for the same exact setup in the lenovo outlet. they had brand new rigs, set up the same way i wanted it. i ordered on 1/19, got a shipdate of 1/25. well it did ship today, but no tracking number, called got the tracking number and will be able to track tonight or tomorrow after it registers with UPS. i also canceled the other order!

i would suggest this for anyone who really wants this laptop like i did.

Paper Tape
slowrider

[ Edited ]

I followed your lead and found a better configured Y570 on Lenovo Outlet. I called to cancel my original order which I Placed on 1/8/12 and now has a ship date of 3/12/12. As others, I was told 3-5 biz days for cancellation to clear, with a promised e-mail upon confirmation. Has anyone ever actually received an e-mail cancellation confirmation? I assume I talked to someone in India but some here have said they talked to Lenovo USA in N Carolina. Anyone have that phone number? If any of this gets screwed up I don't want to call India again.

What's DOS?
wth101

mines shipped pretty quickly but idk when ill be receiving it. i ordered the i7 8gb 500 5400rpm (which was on sale) on 1/24/12 then status changed to shipped on 1/26/12. i live CA so i dont think i have experienced any shipping delays.

What's DOS?
dbarreiro1

My date was also originally the 13th, then the 19th, then the 25th, now it's 03/16/12  Thats right MARCH 16TH.  I ordered it on January 7th...

I'm debating cancelling my order and going to another company, but the only othere company I would want is 200$ more and the laptop isn't quite as good.

Paper Tape
MaverickR2009

My order was cancelled. I received an email about four days after filing my cancellation.

It seems a better idea unless you can pick up the 5400 RPM HDD or get your laptop from the Lenovo Outlet
Paper Tape
MaverickR2009

Punch Card
derekcentrico

I have an email from an Indian helper that said the shipment wouldn't come until at least 24 February.  It was sent around 8:00am CST.

At around 6:00pm CST, I was told on the phone that is a confirmed shipment date of the estimated shipment date of 27 January.  This was an American.

Lastly, I received an email from an American agent at 7:30pm CST saying "I did reach out to my supply coordinator.  She has a list of several orders in the same situation all with the same model number.  These should be shipping quickly because from what we see there is stock." 

So as we can see there is a huge differential here.  The Americans look into the issue whilst the Indians jerk off and repeat general information we see.  

So we can see there is stock.  But, we do not have shipments.  Wonderful.