Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
sudeepg

Re: Ideapad U & Y & Z Series Shipping Discussion (2012)

[ Edited ]

Hi

It is with great disappointment that I write this message.

I had ordered Lenovo Y570 086268U  on Jan 23rd. Then it said the estimated shipping date would be Jan 29th.

As I logged in to see the estimated dates today, to my astonishment, its 03/06/2012 , thats in Freaking March. I have to wait 2 months to get my Laptop? I wanted it for my school purposes and by time i receive it, it would be end of the spring semester !   

I`ll cancel the order today evening. 

If someone from the Lenovo wants to help then below are the details.

Order no 2J6LRH.

Lenovo Y570 086268U  

Order date 01/23/2012

Moderator note; post merged in, subject edited

Punch Card
derekcentrico

Lenovo has been shutdown for over a week.  Chinese New Year.  They reopen today.

Paper Tape
sudeepg

I had ordered mine( Y570) on Jan 23rd. Jan 29th was the estimated shiiping and now it changed to 03/06/2012. 

Are you effing kidding me? I have to freaking wait for 2 months to get my laptop?  

I`ll call my rep and talk to him. 

Hopefully everything goes well.

Punch Card
derekcentrico

Keep in mind a lot of us ordered around XMAS and are still waiting... 

Paper Tape
sudeepg

and they say the product is in warehouse and may ship any time.

Is it the same response are you getting?

derekcentrico wrote:

Keep in mind a lot of us ordered around XMAS and are still waiting... 

Punch Card
derekcentrico

It was the response until I started prodding more directly.

This weekend is when I officially learned the factories were shut down for over a week to celebrate Chinese New Year.  So, the Thailand flood removed access to the hard-drives.  This apparently was restored and recovered from so that our devices could be manufactured.  I was told Jan 24th that our devices were in stock and ready to shipping.  But, that never happened even though I was read from the special tools stating mine would be out Jan 24th.

Basically, it appears we are victims of the "China problem" as one Southpark episode put it.  Bad sourcing for a new product line (7200rpm models) followed by a long celebration.

Paper Tape
BlackandBlue

[ Edited ]

I am to the point where I just want a real answer and a real shipping date.  If it will not ship until 2 weeks from today, I am okay with that, as long as I know for sure.  I am thoroughly disgusted with how this company works and will never buy from them again.  My shipping date still states 5/2 and their Monday in China is already over...  I guess I'll leave it to the crack team in India to follow through with their "promise" to find out what is going on with my order....  

Paper Tape
dforge715

[ Edited ]

My USA contact was the following lady, very nice & professional to deal with on the phone:

Good luck with your issues.

Moderator note; personal contact information from Lenovo employee removed Forum Rules

Fanfold Paper
TYPO

[ Edited ]

I canceled my outlet order without any hassle. Already have a tracking number for a refurb dv6 from newegg that will be here tomorrow!!!

Another direct number to a US Lenovo rep is  919-294-0579.

Paper Tape
ibilbao

Hi,

I placed the order for an Y570 on Jan 16th, and just like most of the people here, suffered delays on the ESD, it now says March 2nd. Weird thing is when I asked via email about the status, they tell me the ESD is the week of March 26th.

I've tried to cancel the order but the guy from India keeps telling me its not guaranteed, that it cannot be immediately cancelled and that I'll have to wait until I receive the laptop and then return it.

has anyone succesfully cancelled the order and got their money back? How does this exactly work? Do I need to spend extra money in a new laptop and wait until March to get the refund?