Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
TYPO

Re: Ideapad U & Y & Z Series Shipping Discussion (2012)

[ Edited ]

@ibilbao I dealt with India for 30 minutes before I insisted on speaking to someone in the US. I recommend calling this number (919-294-0579 9am to 5:30pm EST) first thing in the morning and leave a message if the rep is not available. Good luck.

Paper Tape
slowrider

They shouldn't bill your card until it ships.  Check your card account online.  I cancelled my order and was told it would take 3 to 5 biz days to confirm but the next day my order status disappeared.  That's the only indication I received from Lenovo.  I did use Amazon Payments option when I purchased and Amazon let me know it had been cancelled the next day.....better communicaton than I got from Lenovo.

Paper Tape
BlackandBlue

Possible good news.  I recieved an email from the person in India who has been handling my case.  He notified me that my order should ship this week.  I mean, I will take that with a grain of salt until I see a tracking number, but it sounds promising.

Punch Card
derekcentrico

Well this is interesting.  I received a shipment notification email.  The order hasn't updated on the website and still shows that it is in process.

Email arrived three hours ago:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for choosing Lenovo!

All or part of your order has shipped. In some instances your order may be

shipped from more than one location, which will result in multiple

notifications. You will only be invoiced for products that have shipped.

Please visit our online status tool to view the latest information on the

status of your order:

I only ordered one thing....a laptop.  Order was placed about three days shy from a month ago.

Paper Tape
comp-student

Well guys sorry to burst your bubbles but these people were selling and advertising products they did not have.  My order was placed on the 29th of December... Yes DECEMBER.   After various ESD's (everything from the 3rd of January to February 24th to the 3rd of February and the 4th of April),  many CS calls, and many fake promises (such as a "priority list" a "$80 gifted"...ect.) I received the following email:

Subject Line: Please Contact Us Regarding Your Lenovo Order

Dear Customer

Due to the overwhelming demand for the Lenovo products you ordered, we have been unable to ship all or part of your order (***order number***). You are a valued customer and we are working to ship your order as soon as possible. However, If we do not hear from you within the next 5 days, Federal regulations require us to automatically cancel your order for which you will receive a full refund. If you would like to keep your order open, just send us an email by clicking the link below. If you agree to this delay notification, you may still request to modify or cancel your order at any time by contacting your representative Lenovo Sales toll free at 1(866)428-4465.

Conclusion guys:

These people are buying time hoping HD's magically appear.   They are lying to the consumer, giving out false estimated shipping dates, showing in their site that the product is "in stock", and  harassing the consumer saying "...if you cancel the order it may not be confirmed".   Remember guys my order was placed in late DECEMBER and never went through so I don't want to imagine the status of people who ordered this machine mid-January. So yeah that's my story, sorry for the long rant but I just wanted to let you guys know what you're dealing with.

PS
After I cancelled I ordered a HP ENVY 14 beats edition on newegg.  sure it was ~$200 more but I had saved that amount while waiting for this machine.  So thanks Lenovo for my great new HP!

Fanfold Paper
dashspeed

What the hell is the use of doing sales and specials when you can't even ship the **bleep** thing?

My shipping estimate is in MARCH. MARCH!!!!!!!! By then, DOZENS of other companies would have offered HUNDREDS of specials and better laptops are just around the corner.

Come on Lenovo, this is ridiculous.

Punch Card
derekcentrico

I received my Y470 on Friday, 4 Februrary.  I did order the 7200rpm verson.  The order was placed 5 January and delayed over and over.

Punch Card
ksteven813

I placed my order for the Y750 with the 5400rpm on 2/3/2012. The est ship date is 2/9/2012. I hope they are not lying about it.

Do yall think that people that order the 5400 rpm version have a better chance of receiving it on time?
Fanfold Paper
dashspeed

Yup, Still says march for me and I ordered almost 2 weeks ago. (7200)
Punch Card
ksteven813

Well I ordered on 2/3/12 and it shipped on 02/07/2012. And is expected to be here Thursday night. I am very excited. Maybe they are getting their orders fixed now.