Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
CNE_KING

Re: Ideapad U & Y & Z Series Shipping Discussion (2012)

I got My U400 as Planned on Today left Shanghai Saturday and Arrived in Virginia on Monday the 27th by 9:43 AM.

Punch Card
delerium

Received my Y570 today - was originally scheduled for Friday (3/2/12), but UPS tried to deliver it at 6:30pm on a Friday night - we do have lives you know! :smileyhappy:

Just waiting for it to acclimatize, since it very cold outside today!

Fanfold Paper
dashspeed

Shipping date has been changed twice now.

Still no laptop.

Yet, Lenovo still sells it at a sale price.

What. the. hell.

Now I am told by the useless Indian reps that it'll get shipped March 23rd

LOL MARCH 23RD.

I'll just cancel my order and wait for the next generation. Why even bother with Lenovo, actually?

Fanfold Paper
Zalgroth

I ordered my Y570 08623SU on February 12th, and it's estimated to ship out on the 15th of March. As the date comes closer, I'm losing confidence in whether my order will actually be shipped--particularily with the complaints that many others seem to be making. How long did you guys have to wait to get your Y570?

Fanfold Paper
dashspeed

the y570 SU uses a 7200RPM HDD, which seems to be out of stock at Lenovo because of the Thailand floods (even though the production already picked up).

I got an email saying my order was shipped the same day I posted on the forums about the delays and lies I've been told, weird coincidence. Let's hope it's _really_ coming, it's been almost 2 months.

Fanfold Paper
Zalgroth

Now I have to consider whether to cancel my order with Lenovo and buy a similar laptop for about $200 more... I`m hoping that I can get a clear answer from someone on Lenovo`s end.

Punch Card
derekcentrico

I would suggest that the wait is worth it.  I'm loving this Y470.  However, the one I received appears to have an audio defect for analog headphones.  They sent me a replacement last week (took 3.5 weeks to process the replacement) and told me I have a few weeks to swap my data over.

That's the only issue and their attitude is great towards making it right if and when there are problems.

Also, I received a $80 refund for my original waiting period of over a month to get my laptop.  Just demand some compensation for the delays suffered. 

Fanfold Paper
Zalgroth

I just got email confirmation today that my Lenovo Y570 was shipped out--500 GB 7200 RPM HDD, 8GB of RAM, and an i7-2670QM Processor (I believe). This is one month after I ordered it (From February 12th to March 12th), and three days ahead of the estimated ship-out date. 

The shipping code that they provided at this point leads to a UPS site that claims the code is not in their system. Is this a common problem with Lenovo? I'm hoping that it's just a delay between the two systems and not a problem.

Punch Card
delerium

@Zalgroth - UPS won't have anything on their system until it reaches Canada - that took several days for mine. The code is valid, but UPS is just being UPS...

It's odd that yours is taking so long, as I got mine just over a week after ordering and we seem to have the same unit.. I ordered on Feb 23 and it was here for delivery on Mar 2nd but didn't get it til the 5th as UPS tried to deliver on a Friday night!!

Fanfold Paper
dashspeed

Same here, been waiting over a week for apparently "customs". Again, Lenovo lies to us just so we don't cancel our orders, locks us in, and doesn't ship.

AMAZING