Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
Zalgroth

Re: Ideapad U & Y & Z Series Shipping Discussion (2012)

[ Edited ]

Sorry, I honestly forgot to update my original post--things have been going relatively smoothly in terms of shipping.

As I mentioned before, the laptop was shipped out of it's factory in China on the 8th of March, and I was alerted that it was in the 'shipping' state a few days later on the 13th (I think?)

I called Lenovo, and I was provided a second tracking number, which followed the entire shipment of laptops (twenty some) on Lenovo's behalf for re-shipping to other customers. This is the tracking list (read from bottom to top)

Toronto, Canada03/16/20125:10 P.M.Available for final distribution
Toronto, Canada03/16/20123:00 P.M.Delivery
Toronto, Canada03/15/20126:28 A.M.Documents turned over to UPS broker
Toronto, Canada03/15/20126:26 A.M.Carrier and Customs Released
Toronto, Canada03/15/20126:06 A.M.On Hand at Destination
Toronto, Canada03/15/20126:06 A.M.Arrived at Destination Country
Toronto, Canada03/14/20127:20 P.M.Arrival
Toronto, Canada03/13/20123:07 P.M.Other
Kunshan, 32, China03/12/20125:15 P.M.Departure
Kunshan, 32, China03/11/20121:23 P.M.Customs/other govt release delay
Kunshan, 32, China03/11/20121:23 P.M.Shipment in Customs
Kunshan, 32, China03/09/20123:00 P.M.Received into UPS possession
Kunshan, 32, China03/09/201212:02 P.M.Documents received from shipper
Kunshan, 32, China03/09/201212:02 P.M.Date Available to Ship

So, right now, it's "Availible for Final Distribution". That was on Friday, so It most likely won't ship out until the following Monday--I have high hopes to receive it before the next weekend (though I have no logical reason for hoping as such). The tracking number provided to my still does not work, so I just have to hope that it does work as soon as Lenovo re-ships out the laptops.

Hopefully this will clear up some of the shipping issues for someone in the future--Lenovo really should make more efforts to clarify the process, as a tracking number that does not work is frustrating and useless.

@delerium What model did you order? Was it the 08623SU, with a 7200 RPM hard drive? If not, apparently there are hard drive difficulties. If it is the same, Lenovo has pretty shoddy priorities. :smileywink:

Punch Card
delerium

@Zalgroth - mine is the 8626HU, but the specs are identical to each other except for the DVD drive. The 8623SU shows "DVD Recordable (Dual Layer)" and the 8626HU shows "Blu-ray /DVD Combo" - everything else is the same, including that hard drive. 

Fanfold Paper
dashspeed

Well, surprise!

Mine arrived this morning. Oddly enough, the Indian CSRs still don't know anything about tracking numbers, even though the laptop is already right next to me.

Lenovo, you REALLY REALLY REALLY need to step it up in the "keeping the customer informed" department. This was terrible, I never have been lied to so many times by the same company in such a short timespan.

Fanfold Paper
Zalgroth

Well, this is beginning to get even more ridiculous than waiting five weeks to get a laptop.

Yesterday, I called Lenovo again--as the tracking number provided on my order shipment still isn't availible--and they provided me a separate tracking number for my specific laptop.

All was fine--except for the fact that the tracking number I was provided showed the laptop travelling to Concord, Ontario, rather than Calgary, Alberta, where it should be going. I assumed that this was merely a bug or a mid-way stop (as the last tracking number Lenovo provided for my was only part of the journey). 

I learned today that UPS sent my laptop to an unknown person in Concord by the name of "Amir". I called UPS regarding this, and they told me to phone Lenovo, and ask them to authorize the pick up of the laptop so it could be shipped to me. Hoping that I could solve the issue quickly, I called Lenovo, asking them if they could call UPS and pick the laptop back up--or at the very least, trace it.

Lenovo completely IGNORED my request, and instead told me that they would "fill out the paperwork", and I could expect my laptop. The only catch?

I have to wait ANOTHER five weeks for them to produce a new one.

I cannot even IMAGINE how a company manages to deliver a package--with my NAME, my ADDRESS, the PROVINCE and CITY I live in, AND my POSTAL CODE, and still manage to deliver to the incorrect person.

So, I desperately hope that Lenovo sent me the wrong tracking number. I cannot believe that a company who deals with thousands of packages a day could mess up an order this badly. At the very least, I wish that Lenovo had even considered my request. I'm not certain where people read about Lenovo's "superb customer services", but I certainly haven't experienced anything spectacular thus far. 

I'm hoping that this whole thing is a mistake, and that MY laptop is really on the way to me, and not being held by an unknown person.

I'll try and update this later, when I either get more information or I get my laptop.

Wish me luck!

Punch Card
delerium

If the person you are talking to at Lenovo is unwilling to investigate this issue properly, escalate it until you get someone who actually knows what they are talking about. No matter who you call, first line responders almost always are talking from scripts and cannot deviate. If Lenovo has issued you are tracking number and then shipped it incorrectly, they need to fix that shipment, not order you another unit.

If your credit card has already been charged, you can initiate a chargeback through cc company, stating that Lenovo charged you for something they have not delivered (which they have not, in this case). Chargebacks are a negative for businesses, because it shows the cc company that those companies can be problematic.

If you are talking with Lenovo, mention that you are charging back - that may get a response out of them (though probably not). Deal with someone higher, if possible.

Fanfold Paper
Zalgroth

[ Edited ]

It is indeed my package that is currently in "Amir's" posession. I phoned UPS again and they told me that my name was indeed on the package. I'll try your suggestion, delerium. Hopefully it works.

EDIT: This is a tracking number that Lenovo provided to me, it is possible that Concord is merely another stop? I'm desperately hoping that this stop isn't it's final stop.

Punch Card
delerium

[ Edited ]

Without seeing the actual tracking activity, that is hard to say, but I do know that Concord has a UPS facility, since that is where mine came from once the UPS tracking number gave informaiton on their website (UPS's) and I am located in downtown Toronto.

BTW. the tracking you gave earlier isn't something I had originally - the tracking number Lenovo gave me didn't show up on the UPS site until the package was in Canada at the UPS facility - by that time it was already in Concord, so my tracking was very short.

Fanfold Paper
Zalgroth

Well, I'm not sure what happened, but everything turned out OK in the end.

I called up Lenovo again today, and I was told that they had actually already put tracking onto the laptop. Good!

I called up UPS as well, to make sure that everything was in order on their side. This time, nobody even knew what had happened to my shipment. Bad!

Then, finally, around 3:30 this afternoon, I was pleasantly surprised by my laptop--with the same serial code and tracking numbers that I was provided.

So, what went wrong? I really don't know anymore. UPS had absolutely no idea what had happened to my package (they couldn't even track it), so I don't know if UPS thought they lost the package, or if Lenovo managed to pull through and get UPS to pick the package back up, and send it to me by today.

So, all in all, it took me from February 12th to March 21st to get my laptop--a bit more than a month. 

Fanfold Paper
dashspeed

[ Edited ]

Well, good to hear you've got your laptop!

I'm still laughing at how the Indian reps don't know the tracking number to my laptop (its been 4 days in my posession already). IT'S WRITTEN ON THE BOX! >_>

What's odd is that when I check my tacking number, it says it was delivered to "North York" on March 16th, which isn't where I live at all (Quebec) lol.

Fanfold Paper
Edizzle7

[ Edited ]

Ordered my in-stock off-shelf V570 on 3-28-12 and after numerous delays of estimated shipping still have no laptop in hand.  Sent 2 e-mails a few days apart that still have not been returned.  As I do not have time to call and check up, I chatted for a quick explanation:

"Estimated shipping dates are automatically generated and I would pay no attention to this.  It might have been shipped out while we were chatting"

ONE WEEK LATER- a couple of estimated shipping dates pushed back.  I decided to call and see what what was going on.  I was told that everything was fine.  I explained that it was not fine and I would like to cancel.  I was then informed that I was not "allowed" to cancel my order.  I asked to be transfered to a supervisor and was accidentally hung up on.  

Called back- talked to sales rep and went thru the same song and dance.  I asked to cancel and transfer to a supervisor.  I was then told that they would call me back.  24hrs later- I have not gotten a response, so I call them.  I was then told that they would ship my item the next day.  

ONE WEEK LATER- The shipping date now shows 4/20/12 and still no laptop in hand. I don't understand what could delay shipping for an in-stock item.  Just pull it off the shelf and shove it in a box...then SHIP IT!  Why would it take more than 3 (and counting) weeks?!  

As a purchaser for a design agency I can assure you- I will never buy any Lenovo products for my sales nor my design team.  This has been a very frustrating experience. 

Either ship it or cancel it!  I would now prefer the latter at this point.  For shame, Lenovo, for shame.  

Moderator Note; post merged in, subject edited