Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
cordeparker

Re: Ideapad U & Y & Z Series Shipping Discussion (2012)

Anything I have found that would have been good was on sale, and the sales are over. I talked to another person and asked what a realistic date that it'll be shipped, and he said 10-12 days after my issue with the credit card was resolved (which was 5/3 I think). I assume he meant business days. I'll still be looking for a comparable, but not looking too hopeful. If you type our model number into lenovo shop site (08626PU) it comes up with $959.20 after the new sale code (but the PU model is no longer listed). So I think for $749, its still the best deal around. I just can't stand waiting much longer. My bday is June 2nd, so I want to have my laptop by then so I can play Diablo 3.

Punch Card
cordeparker

Hey great news! I canceled my y570 today because I placed an order for my y480 last night for 50 bucks more. My order has already made it farther than my y570 (placed on 4/25/12) it is currently in "Released to Manufacturing". I spoke with a rep today asking if "Released to Manufacturing" meant that it has gone passed "Processing". He told me that there was a constrain on the y570 model and that is why it has not be made/shipped. Its BS that out of the 5-10 reps I've spoken with about it, all of them except the one today told me that everything was in stock and should ship out within 2-3 days. My estimated date on the order placed last night is now 5/21/12. Thanks great news

Paper Tape
Pixonova

Why does it take so long to process a freaking order?

I placed an order on the 7th, and it gave me a ship date on 06/05/12. I almost canceled it then since I need a laptop for school. The ship date changed from 06/05 to 5/25, which is better, but it shouldn't take 3 weeks to ship out a **bleep** laptop that I couldn't even configure (I purchased the Y480 with the SSD)

With any other company, it would have been here been now. So for the better part of a week, my order has just sat there in limbo. Getting in touch with someone who doesn't read from a script or someone who knows anything about what happens is insane. I can't even chat with your tool because it doesn't even work properly.

I really wanted a Lenovo but I'm not sure if I should cancel now or not.

Punch Card
cordeparker

update on mine:

Order Date: 2012/05/10

Part Number: 209388U

Description: Y480

Estimated Ship Date: 2012/5/20

Estimated Delivery Date: 2012/5/28

It was released to manufacturing in less than 24 hours after purchase. So it took less than one day to get farther than my y570 did. Cancelling my order and going for the y480 for 50 bucks more was the best decision ever. C'mon faster production/delivery so I can play Diablo 3 :smileyhappy:

Paper Tape
Pixonova

[ Edited ]

How was yours released to manufacturing within 24 hours?

I just talked to post sales and they said mine hasn't even gone to the warehouse yet! What the hell.

Punch Card
cordeparker

Maybe it has to do with yours having the SSD. Mine was just the 1TB. I ordered it at about 11pm EST and it was released to manufacturing at 10am EST the next day when I checked

Paper Tape
Pixonova

[ Edited ]

I guess that might be it. That's weird that it would take that long to put an SSD in... I'll just check again later.

EDIT: also, my birthday is June 3rd, and I need this to play D3 as well!

Punch Card
cordeparker

Lol, Mines on June 2nd and that's when I'll be getting D3.

Paper Tape
mmary1988

I wish I had came across this thread earlier before my purchase!!! I wish I had came across this thread earlier I purchse an  IdeaPad Y570 Laptop - 08622VU with 750GB + 64GB solid state drive on 5/2/12.

From the beginning I have consistently checked the order status. I honestly do not remember the estimated shipping date, but it was reasonable for what I thought manufacturing and shipping a computer should take, well within a week and with no estimated delivery date. Then I got a delay notification and it took a few days to show a new ship out estimate of 5/11 with delivery 5/18 (today) and then yesterday it changed to ship 5/10 with delivery 5/17 (yesterday). I called because this made absolutely no sense and the rep told me he saw a date 5/18 fro shipping, but the status was still processing and to call back on Monday. He could give me no helpful information as to why information was not matching up and what to expect, just to call back on Monday. Such BS, it's not hard to just say 'sorry, we have not started manufacturing your computer, you can expect it to be processed/shipped by blah blah blah' I just want to be told the truth about a product in which I am paying for. From anywhere else I would expect to receive my laptop within two weeks. Granted others have waited much longer than I have, but I did ny research on the laptop before buying and would not think to review shipping before making a purchase from a worldwide company. Don't give extremely untrue estimates on the purchuse page!!! Oye.

Read in another tread a rep told him honestly they typically take at least 3 weeks to shipout. I am patient, but wish they would just be up front about this! I am all about just keeping the customer informed and I feel like this will just ruin my overall Lenovo expereince even if the laptop is fantastic. Still weighing my options (cancel or wait with no one communicating the truth to me).

Thankfully I did not wait until July as originally planned to make this purchase, as I need it for grad school in the fall :/

Punch Card
cordeparker

http://www.bjs.com/asus-r500vd-bs71-156-laptop-with-3rd-gen-intel-core-i7-3610qm-processor-with-turb...

That's got pretty similar specs as the y480 with it having a 2gb GPU and the new IvyBridge processor...except for its Asus, 15.6" screen and 500gb. Not bad for $679.99