Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
dashspeed

Re: Ideapad U & Y & Z Series Shipping Discussion (2012)

What laptop did you order? My Y570 hasn't shipped yet, it's pretty crazy that later orders are shipping out... sigh
Punch Card
ksteven813

well I ordered the $799 one. Well it was that price on sale. here were the specs

i7
500gig 5400 rpm
15"

Then I think everything else is the same as the other laptops. What hard drive did you get because I think that is what is causing the hold up.
Punch Card
derekcentrico

I received the Y470 a month after placing my order.

The first day I learned it had a defect where the headphone jack had all sorts of insane background noise.  I called in and the tech support sent me to post-sales so another could be sent to me, but it would be a few weeks.

Day four was a pain.  I flashed a BIOs update to try and resolve the issue in case it wasn't hardware.  The BIOs killed the system to unusable and unrecoverable with Insyde BIOs recovery methods.

Had to ship it to be repaired instead of waiting over a month for the post-sales replacement.  What a **bleep**ty purchase.

FYI:  You cannot replace hardware at all.  It has a new BIOs with a lot of modules locking it down.  So for those who want better WiFi or a hybrid hard-drive, you're probably SOL.  Learned all of this searching for how to recover from BIOs update problems.  Wonderful.

Paper Tape
BlackandBlue

[ Edited ]

Well, its been over a month since I ordered and still no sign of shipping.  My ship date still says 5/2 on the website.  Guess my shipping date of 2/2/12 from the India Support was BS...  much like everything else they are told to say from Lenovo.

Update: Got my shipping email today.  Took their sweet time...

Blue Screen Again
ComputingNow

[ Edited ]

IDEAPAD Y570 I7-2670QM 08623SU   So ordered JANUARY 7 2012 Expected ship date originally Feb 16..... came and went, THEN status and telephone agents verify End of MARCH  26.3.2012  Sooo almost  3 THREE  months  R E A L L Y?  in this computer age?

Moderator Note; post merged in, subject edited

Blue Screen Again
ComputingNow

totally agree with Your scentiments!!!  Good Luck

Blue Screen Again
ComputingNow

Sooo starting to seem like they LENOVO really NOT customer oriented!!!

What's DOS?
wlundin3

For anyone watching order/ship dates,

I ordered y570 08622VU on 18 January, original estimated Ship Date 1 March.  

The estimated Ship Date later changed to 19 March.  

I received the laptop on 23 February. So that was 5 weeks.

Paper Tape
CNE_KING

I ordered my U400 9932GU On 2/17/12. The site stated  that it would ship in more than four weeks. (Prior to ordering) Before actually ordering I called and spoke to a very helpful Lenovo Rep that said , "More than likely your order will ship sooner than that as long as there are no issues." Upon placing the order online, I received an expected ship date of 4/6/12. Yikes! But I understood that something like this could be a possibility when I ordered. On the Morning of 2/24/12 I received notice that my Order shipped. I am scheduled to receive it on Monday 2/27/12 by 10:30AM. So if you exclude Sunday, it's a two day shipment from Shanghai China! That's pretty impressive. I'll let you know if I actually receive it by Monday.

Punch Card
delerium

Ordered the Y570 - 08626HU on 2/23/12 and received notification today that it is shipping out today (2/27/12). This was a Canadian order, so not sure if that made any difference.